When Is A Child Not A Child?

Blackvynil

Why is it that most Holiday Parks and Themed Attractions now class an adult at the age of 15, I always thought that a child was a child? Until the age of 16 the age of consent, legal age to smoke etc. , etc. etc. “ SO WHAT IS GOINGON” and do these companies have the wright to class a 15 year old as an adult and charge adult “PRICESE”

we've been away with our nephews recently and alot of places to visit start charging adult rates at the age of twelve.

Why is it that most Holiday Parks and Themed Attractions now class an adult at the age of 15, I always thought that a child was a child? Until the age of 16 the age of consent, legal age to smoke etc. , etc. etc. “ SO WHAT IS GOINGON” and do these companies have the wright to class a 15 year old as an adult and charge adult “PRICESE”

You could just say the child is 15 even if they are 16, dishonest. ...yes!!

Anton

Yet another reason as to why we bought a caravan.

We were fed up of booking foreign holidays & told that over 13's would have to pay full price flights & also hotel accom

Try going to disneyland with a 14 tear old!!!!! The Airlines think that anyone over 12 years is an adult. Although to be fair, they still take one whole seat to sit in but then so do children under 12. Maybe everyone should be charged the same rate!!!! Come to think of it, children use more water to wash (they get grubbier), they use the 'Facilities' more than adults. So maybe they should be charged more!!!!! (Said with tongue fixed firmly in cheek)!

Try going to disneyland with a 14 tear old!!!!! The Airlines think that anyone over 12 years is an adult. Although to be fair, they still take one whole seat to sit in but then so do children under 12. Maybe everyone should be charged the same rate!!!! Come to think of it, children use more water to wash (they get grubbier), they use the 'Facilities' more than adults. So maybe they should be charged more!!!!! (Said with tongue fixed firmly in cheek)!

Depend who you go with - I took my 18 year old daughter to Disney and she was classed as child and as there were two adults travelling she went "free". Now I know there will have been an allowance for her in the cost of myself and her mother but I was told that the company we went with allowed upto the 19th birthday on a childs place. Trouble is I can't remember who the company was just that I booked it via Thomas Cook

Our son is now 12 and most things, such as airline tickets or booking a meal out, he is now an adult? On the aircraft he can't be placed near a door to be responsible for(As he's a kid) and when we go out for that meal he can't go to the bar and buy a beer(as he's a kid) ??

I'm quite amazed that children are charged less on airlines ! Surely a seat is a seat !?

Archived