Service

den123

is there a service book that i have stamped or anythin like that to say i have had it serviced thanks

Yes there should be one, we have a senator and ours came in a blue folder which contained all the ancillary ( alko hitch, oven, heater etc booklets) The caravan users handbook (A4 size) and a smaller service book which give each models weights, lengths, tyre pressure and the service stamp section. If it's not there I would chase the dealer up for it.

Yes you should have a service book with your unicorn, similar to that of a car. It contains spaces for the dealer stamp each year. Warranty details and it also has some specification (weights and measures) information as well as some wiring diagrams, fuse allocations and awning sizes. If you did not get one in your documents pack get onto the dealer immediately.

If you bought the caravan second hand it's important you get the book and ensure it's been stamped by an approved service centre within 6 weeks of each anniversary in order to maintain the warranty.

Scales

Just make sure the 3rd year service (if applicable) is 6 weeks before the anniversary and not after as it wont count for the warrenty. Also not all dealers stamp the book as its not always available to them when the van is serviced. Mine was done from new at Flintshire caravans but not a stamp to be found in the book however the reciepts were in the paperwork along with the service reports,All this is needed to transfer the warranty.

A little of topic i know but if it helps.

Pete

hi guys if you go onto the bailey site and register your van you can print the service manual off also other stuff for your van free