External Side Panel Defroming In The Sun

frio

Hi, This weekend I noticed down one side of my adria adiva 552ph caravan that from either end I could see quite visibly all the panel vertical joints. Obviously the sun was strong this weekend and the side in question was facing the sun. Later on in the evening the joints were less visible. The caravan is of a one piece GRP design and looking closely at the joints there seem no visible cracking externally. Is this normal or should I be concerned. The caravan is new last July 2010. Appreciate any comments / help.

Can we just be clear here please. First you say it has a one piece GRP construction, then you say you can see the joints?

Surely the only joints with a one piece construction would be at the corners or where the roof meets the side, in which case it doesn't matter anyway. Peter.

I think what the OP is talking about is being able to see the shape of wooden frame that the polyester side is bonded to. This is normal and is part of the manufacturing process. I have the Altea 542DT and this can be seen if you look along the length in bright sunlight. There is no join as such it is just that the side seems more prominent where it is bonded to the frame.

Edited by wizzo

correct there are no actual joints but as above suggest it is the visible deforming of the verticals joins that must be either part of the framework or the panels sandwiched between the inner and outer skins.

Just noticed this is a double post.

Best avoided because you get a mix of answers.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I think the moderators have been busy but they normally move or merge posts if this happens.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.