Picked First Van Up In 30 Years!

canalman

Now the proud owner of an old Lunar Clubman (1990). We bought this van off family down in Cornwall and have just moved it to Scunthorpe, about 360 miles!

Had a week in the van at Little Bodieve caravan site and loved it!

Now, the van hasn't moved for 5 years, so it was a case of checking brackes barings, electrics etc.

Left the site yesterday at 0620 and arrived at Sunny Scunny at 2pm, a few stops on the way, fuel being one of them!!! my towcar is a Vectra 1. 9 TDi, seem to handle well, consumption dropped from 50mpg tp 35mpg.

The van is only 5 minutes drive away so I can now do the jobs that need doing. We got the van, I think very cheap considering the Isabella awning is only 2 years old.

One of my first jobs is to investigate why when the legs are up, the entrance door is difficult to open/shut? looking underneath, the marine ply floor seems in very good condition apart from a section aft of the left side wheel arch to the back (area where the entance door/shower room is. it appears to have 'sagged'

The van was parked on a slight incline for the 5 years.

All in all very pleased with the van and might take her some where local this weekend for a pratice 'putting the awning up'

Nigel

sounds like you are going to really enjoy your caravanning - just remember when you "practice putting the awning up" its all part of the fun and no-one means to get irritated and shout at you :D

and i thought we've got a long journey to collect our "new" old van at 160miles (one way), we are planing on having a short break of a couple of nights on our way home, just to make sure everything works like it should, getting quite excited now,

and oh i remember the joys of awning setting up lol, but remember what doesn't kills you makes you stronger ;) HAPPY CARAVANING

Do check the weather forecast for the weekend. Might be a bit windy. :(

http://www. xcweather. co. uk/

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

If the van's been stationary for 5 years you may want to change the tyres, they're only recommended for use up to 5 years.

Jim

Many years ago we had a caravan with a sticking door(door behind weels) when the legs were up, ours had a 1/2 chassis, quite popular in those days to save wait but the floor dropped. Worth having a look underneath, could also be a cracked chassis. Didn't do anything about it, just pushed/pulled a bit harder!

Congratulations.

Many a good time can be had on an old van.

Enjoy.

Now the proud owner of an old Lunar Clubman (1990). We bought this van off family down in Cornwall and have just moved it to Scunthorpe, about 360 miles!

Had a week in the van at Little Bodieve caravan site and loved it!

Now, the van hasn't moved for 5 years, so it was a case of checking brackes barings, electrics etc.

Left the site yesterday at 0620 and arrived at Sunny Scunny at 2pm, a few stops on the way, fuel being one of them!!! my towcar is a Vectra 1. 9 TDi, seem to handle well, consumption dropped from 50mpg tp 35mpg.

The van is only 5 minutes drive away so I can now do the jobs that need doing. We got the van, I think very cheap considering the Isabella awning is only 2 years old.

One of my first jobs is to investigate why when the legs are up, the entrance door is difficult to open/shut? looking underneath, the marine ply floor seems in very good condition apart from a section aft of the left side wheel arch to the back (area where the entance door/shower room is. it appears to have 'sagged'

The van was parked on a slight incline for the 5 years.

All in all very pleased with the van and might take her some where local this weekend for a pratice 'putting the awning up'

Nigel

Good on you hope you enjoy your caravan, sounds like you are already :D

Compass Shadow 1988

I owned a 1991 Clubman 460-EK and I really would advise you to check the steel screws holding on all the rails.

Good luck with it - they really are a nice range of 'vans

regards

BO Pete

Archived