Dart Mayfair 470-2 2005 Number Plate Light Problem

ramar

I have been having a problem with the number plate removing itself from it's housing. After refitting it into it's housing a number of times I discovered the reason for it's reluctance to stay put. Something quite large & weighty inside the rear panel has become loose and the weight was pushing the light from the housing. With the light removed I can feel this item with my finger which I am guessing is perhaps a reinforcing piece for the back panel which has become detached.

Does anybody know if my assumption is correct and if so how can I solve the problem.

At this time I am without a rear number plate light, which is not to difficult to solve but I would like to know what the object is, should it be there & how do I re-fix it in it's correct place.

I have also noticed some more cracks on the front panel, are these panels GRP or ABS?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Can you see inside the van what may be loose?

What units do you have at the rear of the van?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Hi Lefthand Down

It is not possible to see any problem from the inside, which is at the bathroom end, so there is a wardrobe, shower & washbasin fixed to the end panel. It would be a major job to access anything between the internal & external panels. If I knew what the object is & it's original purpose I could then decide whether to ignore it or take it seriously. The obect is quite smooth & feels quite long & my thoughts are that it is a stiffening piece for the rear plastic/ GRP panel & was fixed or glued in place.

My only thought was to use small self tap screws to hold it in place but it may result in damage to rear panel if the weight of the object is an issue.

Access from inside may be the only way to get a good result.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I have had the same thought myself but I was hoping that someone had more detailed as to what it might be and it's original purpose. Because of where the light is situated on the underside of an overhang I could fix the obect in place with self tap screws and fashion a new hole in the objct to house the light. I am also thinking that this object could have been stiffening for bike racks etc. because the rear panel is quite flexible although I am not sure what is like before.

Thanks for your interest.