Advice On A Motor Mover Pls

Hi. ... As the name suggests i am fairly new to caravanning but am getting on ! lol

I am looking at trying a motor mover for my van, i dont want to spend much as i intend to change van soonish.

I have been looking at the Eurotech type of mover that replaces the jockey wheel and is guided by a handle, can anyone tell me if they really can move the van ok, they dont seem very big.

I have a drive with a slight incline up from road (gutter) to my drive . I have tried the Hitchlock hand mover but it couldnt move up the incline.

Please help my poor old back !

Adam

Hi Adam. my advice is to get a mover fitted now & one that is built to move a heaver van . ... reason beging is that when you change your van, you have your mover transfered over :) most dealers will do this either free of charge or you might have to put something towards it. If your buying a van privately then any of the mobile fitters would do the tranfer for you & if your buying a mover from a mobile fitter in the first place then they might give you a discount when doing the transfer?

Ray

Range Rover Sport 2014

Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril

i would get a proper motor mover fitted to the axle rather than a jockey wheel type if you have a incline . If you sell the caravan at a later date ask the dealer to change it to the new van .

This might help.

http://www. caravanmoversonline. co. uk/pages/compare-movers. html

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I agree with both replies above but it's not rocket science to fit / remove a mover just basic diy skills are needed as you say your back is a problem possibly a friend / relative could move the mover over to a new van saving you a few quid if you can't get a deal for the mover transfer. As has been said go for something that will move 1500kg which is about the biggest single axle van you can get so that if you go for a higher spec/ heavier van you have the mover to deal with it.