Unicorn Alarm Not Working

bivvyman

Having seen the thread and in the knowledge my Unicorn Valencia alarm is nor triggering other alarms - i though I would check and fully expected a siren etc - NOTHING !!! so how do I check whats wrong - I can set the alarm and get the 2 beeps & 1 beep on deactivation - Battery is fully charged - The monitor has no lights on and never has - I can see access to the PIR, small screw underneath .

Need to investigate problem - any ideas

Pir will have it's own power supply normally a pp9 battery remove small screw and take the front cover of Pir

If the PIr is wireless The PIR might need pairing to the alarm system to activate it and the batteries could be flat . I would check your handbook for information .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

There is a delay on the PIR before it sets the siren off - check the instructions in the Bailey handbook - I think I've seen this mentioned in there.

Pir's detect increases in temp via infared. It has been very hot this week so if the heat off your body is cooler than the ambiant temp of the caravan the pir will not trigger the alarm. Also the alarm can take upwards of five mins to stabilise before the pir starts working and they wont trigger until activated for a period of time (cant remember the exact time think its two mins). Hope this helps.

The pir should flash all the time it reacts to movement even if the alarm is not set so if you have nothing happening at the pir I would check the battery in it first, as Terry says wait a few mins before refitting the battery and it should reset and work. The pir and alarm if it is anything like ours it can take a good 4 mins sometimes to arm the pir so if changing the battery makes your pir flash set the alarm go have a cuppa then just open the door and go in and see if it works. If that doesn't work it could be the pir is not coded to the tracker it can be done at home but you will need the identification code for the tracker unit so I would let the dealer sort it out.

PS someone on here sent me a copy of the Bailey electrical manual which shows you all the dil switch positions to correspond to the last digit of the tracker code reqd to set it.

Edited by dave11a

Having seen the thread and in the knowledge my Unicorn Valencia alarm is nor triggering other alarms - i though I would check and fully expected a siren etc - NOTHING !!! so how do I check whats wrong - I can set the alarm and get the 2 beeps & 1 beep on deactivation - Battery is fully charged - The monitor has no lights on and never has - I can see access to the PIR, small screw underneath .

Need to investigate problem - any ideas

You should have a red activation led light up if you jump about in front of the pir, whether the alarm is on or off.

If this isn't happening check the pir battery, mine takes two AAA batteries.

Hi - thanks for all your comments - all sorted now - the 2 x aaa's had fallen out in the PIR . now red light flashes, will check siren later !!

Many thanks again - incidently the manual says refer PIR enquiries to the dealer - so saved a 100 mile round trip for a job which took 2 mins - Good Forum this

You get the bl__dy red floodlight when you turn over in bed!

Cover it with some plastic, elasticated, jam pot covers - works a treat!