Visible Joints To External Panels

frio

Hi, This weekend I noticed down one side of my adria adiva 552ph caravan that from either end I could see quite visibly all the panel joints. Obviously the sun was strong this weekend and the side in question was facing the sun. Later on in the evening the joints were less visible. The caravan is of GRP design and looking closely at the joints there seem no visible cracking. Is this normal or should I be concerned. The caravan is new last July 2010. Appreciate any comments / help.

I had a Going 300 which had GRP sides but no actual joints.

However, it was quite common to hear it creaking and clicking as it warmed up in strong morning summer sunshine.

Given that your 'van has joints, I would have though that any sealant used is designed to flex as the GRP panels inevitably expand in hot sunlight.

I would keep an eye on it to make sure you've got no water ingress, but I doubt you've any major cause of concern.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

Thanks for the reply, there is no actual joints as such in the outer GRP, but as you can see visible lines I believe the joints to be sandwiched between the inner and outer skin. Hope your right and no major concern.

I think you are referring to the internal frame when you say joints.

Is this the case? The outer skin is in one piece.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Mine do the same in HOT weather.

Considering we have seen 30 degrees recently I am not surprised.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.