Aldi Torque Wrench 6Th Oct.

Anton88

Aldi are offering their fabulous torque wrench on 6 October for £15. I bought the same one last year and find it to be an excellent bit of kit. They are also offering a battery charger for £13 on the same day, not sure how good it will be looks fine to me.

Anton

Bought both last year, and have no complaints about either.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look on Thursday!

How difficult are they to use? Please keep in mind I am a daft female! Should I be checking my wheels prior to every journey?

It is a little scary reading the stories about wheels coming off!

Is the aldi torque wrench ample for what I need?

does it have markings for lbs on it

If it's the same one I bought from Aldi last year, yes.

Anton

How difficult are they to use? Please keep in mind I am a daft female! Should I be checking my wheels prior to every journey?

I've never used a torque wrench in my life, but each year when Aldi put it on sale again I plan to get one. I may get one this Thursday, but to be honest I don't check my wheels every time I set off in the car, nor do I check them during the season on my caravan. If I have to change a wheel I use a normal wheel brace and have never had a problem, and I am sure this is the case with the majority of people.

I've become 'educated' regarding their use through this forum and will probably end up buying one at Aldi prices. But it's not high priority for me.

Gordon

I've never used a torque wrench in my life, but each year when Aldi put it on sale again I plan to get one. I may get one this Thursday, but to be honest I don't check my wheels every time I set off in the car, nor do I check them during the season on my caravan. If I have to change a wheel I use a normal wheel brace and have never had a problem, and I am sure this is the case with the majority of people.

I've become 'educated' regarding their use through this forum and will probably end up buying one at Aldi prices. But it's not high priority for me.

Same here i bought one last year because it was an excellent price but i also use a bar and socket too tighten wheel nuts on cars or caravans and never had any problems.

peter.

Gordon

Gordon

I bought one last year from aldi as it was an excellent price but i use a socket and bar for car wheels and caravan wheels with no problems.

peter.

Hello

Can you leave this charger attached permanently for winter storage off the van ?

Bob

Hi Bob,

The simple answer is yes. I can't find the relevant posts in 'search' as it appears not to be working, but in previous discussions on this charger I seem to remember it is 'intelligent' and can be left attached over the winter. If the current is interrupted it needs to be reset, unlike the more expensive CTEK 3600. The two look very similar but there is a big difference in price. The Aldi/Lidl charger has had good reviews from those who have posted in the past.

Gordon

Hello

Can you leave this charger attached permanently for winter storage off the van ?

Bob

Bob,

Just to confirm, I have come across this on HotUKDeals.

Starts: 03/10/2010 Expires: 12/10/2010

Don’t get caught out by a flat battery!!

Suitable for all 6 and 12V car and motorbike batteries

Cut-off function once battery reaches peak voltage

Trickle charge function

Charging cable: length approx. 1. 91m

Power cord: length approx. 1. 90m

These are a bit like the CTEK ones but they do not reset themselves!

More ALDI dealsTags: (Add a tag)

Gordon

The Aldi charger can be left on all winter, it is a smart charger and will help reduce sulphation.

I have a couple of the C-tek xs3600 which are excellent.

*Smart chargers have a lower voltage limit so will not work on a seriously flat battery, but some

users swear they will "bring dead batteries back to life" if you can get them to start charging.

DO NOT buy a smart charger in the vain hope that it can do this.

Torque wrench;

Does anyone have any idea of the manufacturer of the Aldi offering?

I have had several low priced torque wrenches with innacurate settings

Interesting item on torque wrenches here http://home. jtan. com/~joe/KIAT/kiat_3. htm

There was a test some time ago by Auto Express

http://www. autoexpress. co. uk/products/products/233472/torque_wrenches_tested. html

where the average error was less than 3% and even a £172 version was nearly 2% out.

Archived