Insurance For Older Vans.....

chillygirl

Hi all. ..

We have a mid 80's Bailey Clifton in fab condidtion and as responsible owners we have looked into getting her insured. ..... but it seems no one will insure anything over 20 years old. ... can anyone point me in the direction of maybe a classic caravan insurer if one exists please or let me know if anyone will insure our family fun box!!! Many thanks!!

My 1970s Royale is insured through the Caravan Club. About £50 per year.

Hi all. ..

We have a mid 80's Bailey Clifton in fab condidtion and as responsible owners we have looked into getting her insured. ..... but it seems no one will insure anything over 20 years old. ... can anyone point me in the direction of maybe a classic caravan insurer if one exists please or let me know if anyone will insure our family fun box!!! Many thanks!!

Although much loved and dear to you, I do wonder if it is worth insuring. If it was nicked will they just look in their book and say it was worth £300 and you have an excess of £300 so heres nothing for your £50 fee.

They will not pay what it is worth to you just market price which may be near the excess. So I would think perhaps it is not worth covering and you may just need to take the risk on yourself and stick some good security on it and not worry.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have a Viking caravan dating back to 1973. Is there any way of getting 'her' insured? I've read the above response but is there nothing offered by Caravan club (or similar) for caravans like this?

thanks.

My Sister had a 1970's Eccles up until a few years ago, and I know that she insured her much loved 'van through one of the big clubs - either Caravan Club or Camping & Caravanning Club - not sure which one, but you'd need to be a member of either club to take advantage of their insurance, from memory.

We insure our 1967 through the caravan club we had to join to be able to do this but all included not a bad price