Some Advice Please

Tinglis1

I have recently bought an Abbey GT 212 2 berth caravan. We tried out the water only to find the the hot water pipe under the seats isn't attached and looks like the bit it sticks onto is broken off (can't find it in the van!!) Is it possible to buy a new connector thing?? or will the whole thing need replacing????

Also, the cassette toilet doesn't flush!! It seems to short everything out when pressed. Not sure of the make of either but some general advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracey xx

P. S We've only used it on hook up so far!!!

Hi Tracey,

I'm sure someone on the forum with possibly the same 'van will be able to help with your problems, a couple of pic's taken from your phone or camera regards the water connections and toilet would speak a thousand words though. Have you asked the dealer or seller what the problems might be. ? I had a similar problem with the water on my Hymer, a couple of pic's to my dealer and it was dealt with by replacing a non returnable valve and the fitting of a new high pressure pump sorted it. Good luck, enjoy your caravaning, these small problems with new to us 'vans are only sent to try us, once sorted and you find how everything works it'll be home from home!! Catch ya later,indoors.

Once had a toilet that blew the fuses when trying to flush it. Sent it back to the dealer under warranty and it turned out to be sludge and muck in the flush tank where it didn't drain fully before laying up for winter. What was left turned into some horrible sticky mess which stopped the pump and blew the fuse.

Cure was to flush out the tank with clean water until all muck had gone, refille with clean water, replace the fuse and bingo!. Worth a try if it had been standing around for a while before you bought it.