antelope

Had our first outing in our first caravan yesterday a question please, we only used the toilet for 4 wee's, is it ok to leave the cassette unemptied or should we of emptied it before we set off for home, cheers

I agree with Pete,

Empty it and charge it ready for the next outing

Every litre of water weighs a kilo.

Travel with a lot of fluid sloshing about will cause problems.

Drain off your hot water tank as well because that contains 10 liters. ;)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

The "site" will have far easier to use facilities for emptying/rinsing that you will have at home, as well as the weight as mentioned. A small amount of water in the flush tank and a fully "charged" waste container IMHO . .. then if you need a quick stop on the way home all is prepared . . :)

Flush stuff is the pink stuff, for cleaning the bowl/seat etc etc we use flash spray. ., does a good job and smells fresh.

Hi

Makers of toilet fluid say to empty it every couple of days,-- you will find out that the " aroma " gets strong after that ! ( hot weather is the worst time ) also their's quite a range of fluids so look round and try till you find one with a perfume you like.

david 1220

the inside off the loo has a float so needs to be empty as the movment may damage float (the same as when you empty loo dont shake to mutch)

I always empty mine on site and clean it out and apply some blue . If you bring it home then emptying it is a problem . I know my OH would not be happy trying to empty it down the loo with the splashes going over the floor and walls . :blink: . ........ I think i would end up living in the caravan by myself .

Dave

Had our first outing in our first caravan yesterday a question please, we only used the toilet for 4 wee's, is it ok to leave the cassette unemptied or should we of emptied it before we set off for home, cheers

I always travel with the toilet primed, ready for use, especially for long journeys. It gives you more options to picnic on the way, and if not used you are ready when you get to your site.

If you have a short journey home I think it is better to empty on site no matter how little it has been used. Emptying and rinsing can be messy at home.

If you have a long journey then '4 wee's', as you say, may or may not be worth the bother if you are going to use it again en route. Depends on volume I suppose, and how much you had to drink the night before. :)

Gordon

We always empty it when leaving a site and leave it that way if we only have a short journey to do. But if its going to be a longish journey we put around 1 litre in the flush tank and the normal charge in the holding tank

Every litre of water weighs a kilo. Travel with a lot of fluid sloshing about will cause problems. Drain off your hot water tank as well because that contains 10 liters. ;)

We don't drain any water out until the end of the season. Causes air locks etc. We do empty the toilet though . We have not a problem towing.

Archived