Freesat Receiver As A 2Nd Sky Box

We have sky+ in the lounge and a second spur to one of the bedrooms.

our daughter has a freeview tv but even when we put in the ariel it doesn't give her any more channels.

If we buy a freesat receiver can I plug this in through the bedroom ariel and will she be able to use it sperately to our sky in the lounge so that she receives the freesat channels through the freesat box.

We have sky+ in the lounge and a second spur to one of the bedrooms.

our daughter has a freeview tv but even when we put in the ariel it doesn't give her any more channels.

If we buy a freesat receiver can I plug this in through the bedroom ariel and will she be able to use it sperately to our sky in the lounge so that she receives the freesat channels through the freesat box.

Unlike Freeview the Freesat service needs connecting to a dish as per Sky.

Bill

Yes I know, I said we have sky + in the lounge, my question is can I attach a freesat box as a second receiver and plug this into her TV?

We have Freesat in the lounge and in two bedrooms. We have Sky in my daughter's room using the Sky box we had before moving to Freesat downstairs. I had to change the LNB to one with 4 connections which was a simple enough job since access was easy.

I can't see any issue if you take a cable from your LNB to a Freesat box and continue using the existing setup elsewhere! There may be complications regarding the number of connections you need if you plan to record and watch other channels etc!

Just noticed that you talk of using an arial and plugging the Freesat into that! I think Bill picked up on that in his reply - clearly Freesat required a Sat. dish.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Perhaps I'm not making it clear, we have a sky+ receiver in the lounge with an ariel that runs to the bedroom which will take another sky box, we have the right connections for a multi-room so the 2nd ariel runs from the back of the sky+ box in the lounge, through the loft to the bedroom.

Because my daughter cannot seem to pick up any channels with her freeview tv I was thinking of buying a freesat receiver to plug the ariel into it and then into her Tv, I don't want to buy one if she will not be able to use the freesat receiver because it comes via the sky+ box connection?

Hi there, If you have a quad l. n. b. you will be able to run another aerial wire direct from your sky dish. Run this aerial down to your daughters room, plug into the freesat box with the F connector. Now you will have freesat in daughters bedroom and sky in the living room. Both sky and freesat use the same satellite but the weird thing is you may find identical stations will be about 2 seconds apart. I know because I have the same setup. Hope this helps. Peter :)

Edited by peterjohn

A spare feed from your dish will work with freesat. An aerial won't. You're muddling and mixing your terminology. ....

Edited by Jimbuoy

with an ariel

This is what people are picking up on. ...the word ARIEL. ....do you mean the cable that goes from one room to another, or are we barking up at at at Terrestial TV Antenna, or a Sky type satellite dish, please make you mind up so's we can try to help you.

Sorry I should have said feed wire,but it is the same kind of cable I was meaning to say :( Oops

sorry trying to make it simple and making it hard !!!

one sky dish outside which has the quad connections, one sky+ box in lounge which has a cable running from sky dish into back of sky box then another cable from this that runs across loft to daughters room, which I assume allows for 2nd sky box, but I want to put in a freesat box not a sky box.

No sorry you cannot do that and allow her to have a different programme to you. You must run a separate wire feed DIRECT from the quad L. N. B. on your dish straight to daughters bedroom and through freesat box. Taking a lead from the back of the sky box will only cause a conflict. The back of your sky + box has 2 inputs for your twin lead from the L. N. B. you can then use either of the 2 remaining connections for input into EITHER another sky box OR freesat box. Hope this helps

Peter :)

Edited by peterjohn