No Hot Water

den123

hi all i have no hot water in the van i set the control panel put the switch on nothing at all any help thanks

Hi Den,

If gas water heating and you switch on, you should have a green led turning to red led if the ignition has failed.

If the ignition has failed, check gas tap is on, outside vent cover is removed.

If electric water heating and the switch is on but water fails to warm after 30 mins.

Check fuse in draw below water heater switch, check that Consumer unit main switch and Breaker for Charger/water heater is on (toggle up)

Regards Terry

You don't give enough details for us to help you.

Have you filled the water system?

Have you selected gas 'on' and / or electric 'on' - you need to set 1, 2 or 3 kw - on the control panel? For electrics you also need to switch on the master switch by the sink. You also need to have 12v dc on for the master supply.

All this is off the top of my head so someone will disagree with me before long.

hi guys this is on electric i checked the water the fuse the consumer unit all ok i thought you only select 1 2 3 kw for the central heating system only den

Hi Den,

There are two quite separate systems – Electric Hot Water and Electric Space Heating. The electric hot water has only two settings either on or off and no hot water temperature control.

The selective 1Kw, 2Kw and 500 watt controls with the associated variable rotating thermostatic control is only for the electrical space heating, a popular fault is when the electric space heating is switched on, the variable temperature control is set too low to switch the space heating on. :rolleyes:

Regards Terry

PS - if the water heater is switched on without water in the cylinder, the fuse may blow - mine did - there is apparently a resetable fuse in the heater circuit which will reset if the unit is switched off for 30 mins or so. The heater has to be completely disconnected from the mains for the reset to take place, it seems there is a latch on the resetable fuse to keep it disconnected until power is removed.

Edited by WispMan

First of all, as it is a Unicorn and it has the Alde system, hence, some of the advice given by 'Terytraveller' is for the blown air/ seperate hot water boiler system.

What we do with ours is:

Switch the Alde heating system on at the controller 'On' and the temperature set lower than the room temperature if you don't want the heating on.

On the controll panel select what 'power' of electric we wish to use: 1,2 or 3 Kw.

Make sure the 12v system 'Master' is switched on.

Switch on the mains switch to the left of the kitchen tap.

Wait.

The Water should then heat up, but, not instantly.

Have a look at this Video:

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=lney_KInZvU

Regards

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Hi, Den, Bartow is correct as the Valencia has an aldi heating system which is different from other conventional caravan heating systems.

You need to make sure that the hot water tank has water in it (although it won't damage it if you haven't). Make sure that the heater system switch to the left of the sink and worktop is on.

On the aldi heating control panel ensure the heating is set to 'on' and gas is on and or electric setting is showing 1,2 or 3.

The way aldi water is that ether the heating system is on or off, you do not have separate systems as in a conventional system. To get water heating only you just reduce the thermostat to a low seating so it does not turn on.

AL,

thanks guys got it this is the best caravan forum thanks again

Hi !

Hope your water heater is now working.

If not there are two fuses under the removable top cover on the hot water tank, which is under the offside front seat.

These are 3. 15 amp quick blow glass fuses. I have had one of these blow in the past and now carry spares with me.

Hope all is well. Bob

Hi !

Hope your water heater is now working.

If not there are two fuses under the removable top cover on the hot water tank, which is under the offside front seat.

These are 3. 15 amp quick blow glass fuses. I have had one of these blow in the past and now carry spares with me.

Hope all is well. Bob

This is an issue with the mover wiring, as covered by a seperate posting.

Tom

I think all hot water systems operate at 70 degrees don't they? Fixed thermostat on electric. Variable on gas only.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Still waiting to get my Valencia back, been in dealer now for 5 weeks due to 3. 15amp fuses blowing when you use the motor mover. Waiting for a solution from Baileys

Wee al

I think all hot water systems operate at 70 degrees don't they? Fixed thermostat on electric. Variable on gas only.

The ALDE in the unicorn also has a boost funtion that increases the water temperature for 30 mins,in addition to the normal set point temperature.

Its all explained in the video above.

i think you are referring to the old senator system which was blown air with a separate hot water tank?

That is the case with Truma systems. But different on an aldi system that's is fitted as standard in the unicorn. Regardless of what you are using to heat the water with it is a fixed thermostat with the ability to increase the temperature by disabling the thermostat for 30 mins. Which is useful if you are going to have consecutive showers.

Al,

Uncle Tom

I did not have a mover when a 3. 15 amp fuse blew. I have had a Powrtouch HD mover fitted since and have used it a lot without blowing a fuse.

The fuse that blew left us with a completely dead control panel and we could not have hot water or heating for the weeks holiday.

I now carry a pack of spare 3. 15 amp fuses and, touch wood, have not had a fuse blow since. I strongly advise all Alde heating users to carry spare fuses.

The mover was fitted by Paul (Yorkshire Movers), great service and a quality job,

Bob

• 2 years later...

Hi all I have a cadiz new this year, the fuse or fuses on top of the heating system have blowen often, mainly the one farest away from the seat front. This means no Alde control at all, replace the fuse and control is usable. Bailey and Alde know this problem Alde pointed me to Bailey and the dealer. The dealer has fitted a switch so when the van is plugged into mains the switch can be thrown so no spike to blow the fuse.

Problem I have it still blows the fuse!. I have only been out twice since the upgrade and will try again next week when the van is back from storage to see if it is me or the problem still exists.

The dealer has done at least one more switch fix I know of and today said that customer has not been back. In the mean time they will contact Bailey. Any one else have this constant fuse problem with Bailey vans fitted with the latest Alde radiator type heating and control?. Take Bob's advise, carry spare fuses anyway.

Some ideas for you to check. Maybe a lecky expert can assist

When we picked up the uni 2. Everything was fine. No motormover fitted them. Went to drive off and for unconnected reasons had to de couple. No alde. Was traced to the blown fuse. Only two things had been done

One battery fitted and two they pluged it into the car both with master switched on and the engine running. The fitter did say battery had arched (not surprised with the master on) and he thought that was the reason. But they also found the power lead to the back of the alde panel not seated properly (worth a look) Power touch fitted later that day. No problems since. As a practice I never couple up with engine running.

Thank Alan I have tried just about everthing to understand why it happens and taken care to make sure no spikes had effected the fuse to check it out from another angle still fuse problems. The motor mover and plug unplug the tow car was considerations and actions but I could not say either was a cause or blew fuses it happens once power is fed in to the system.

Plugging into the car with mains plugged in should trip the main box, I have not blown the Alde fuse for the display when I did this, I also have plugged into the car as you did with mains switch on but can not remember if it blew the fuse might try it again without car running see if its ok, then with it running mains off then switch on? .

The Alde lead on the back of the display is something I will remember and if it has to go back to the dealer I will get them to look at it, it could be the reason!. .

I know this fuse problem is more common than reported and should not happen so if anyone has info please post it and I will confirm findings as I use the van. With winter looming it might be spring before its sorted. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Van collected from storage today, plugged into mains when pitched up, mains on, switch on that dealer fit and no pannel, fuse blown again. Bailey to ring tomorrow me thinks!

Well rang Bailey to talk to somone regarding my Alde display fuse problem to be told they do not talk to you regards things like this you have to e mail them. What if you have no e mail I asked, send a letter was the reply. So you wait a week to possibly get a reply, yes.

ok so I e mailed Monday, now almost Friday not even a responce they are looking at it. Did ring today spoke to the reception they would ask the department to confirm they had my e mail???.

If this is the best Bailey can do re customer service my next van will be from a company who care about the customer who just spent 20 grand on there product.

Have others had the same non service?. The dealer is informed but I can not get the van in to them for two weeks, they been ok with me and understand the frustration but it looks like dealers get little help from Bailey with matter like this.

bobtail

Under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act the dealer who sold the caravan to you is responsible in law for rectifying the problems you are experiencing with the Alde heating system. You have no legal contract with the manufacturer as you are not their customer.

Where a caravan is purchased through a finance company slightly different rules apply as they may be the buyer and owner the caravan until the finance is fully paid off. In this case the finance company should be advised of the difficulties you are experiencing and should be negotiating with the dealer to have the problems solved to the mutual satisfaction of the finance company and the buyer of the caravan.

DeeTee

Thank you but it does no harm for in this case Bailey responding and pointing me in the direction of the dealer or a dealer who can understand and sort the problem.

I am sure the dealer will resolve the issue as they are not walking away, but Alde know of a problem and refered me to Bailey who suppose to be aware of the problem.

The last call could be with Black Horse as the van is financed. It still asks a question of after sales and just good basic customer service. Wonder if other companies who make vans have the same approach?