Tv Bracket Flatscreen How To Fix?

Hi

Wasnt sure if this was an accessory post or not so sorry if in the wrong place.

I plan on fiixing a flatscreen TV bracket to the side of our wardrobe in our new Lunar Quasar when we get it. Im trying to decide exactly how to do it and would appreciate any thoughts.

Main thing really is whether the side of the wardrobe will be ok to support or how to strengthen it.

So first issue is basically not to use screws which would rely on the screw-thread in the timber, rather use nuts & bolts.

But would this be enough in the timber of the wardrobe side? If not, would I be better using a square piece of plywood inside the wardrobe to spread the load over a larger area, or would I be better running a 1" timber batten vertically up inside the wardrobe in line with the screwholes so that the screws go into the batten.

So spread the load up and down (using battens) or spread the load over a square area (using plywood square). Or maybe just use bolts and no strengthening?

Not sure and so would appreciate any thoughts from folks who have experience of fitting things in caravans please.

Thanks

Alex

I would want to spread the load over as wide an area as possible so probably the larger square of ply

If you have access too both sides of where you are siteing the set then you should be fine as you can fit whatever battons that are needed. Its only when you are fixing blind like too a sidewall that you can have problems.

peter.

The load is vertical in normal use so upright battens would be the best option particularly if they can stretch to additional framing above and below.

There will be some lateral loads while travelling but these would be nowhere near as severe.

If it is an extending mount you would also be advised to provide a mechanism to lock it back to the wall on the road.

As you are buying a new caravan might it not be wise to ask the manufacturer?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Thanks for the replies folks very much appreciated.

As for asking manufacturer, Ive had varied success emailing Lunar with various questions even when they were quite basic (eg is there an external bbq point fitted) and I did ask the dealer, but dealers response was that it depends on the tv (weight) and type of bracket.

So really just trying to get a feel for the best method ahead of time :) much appreciate the suggestions folks.

Alex

Be careful, wardobe wall may be 'hollow', I fitted my bracket at the front edge, with nuts and bolts, through solid timber and spread the load inside wardrobe with repair washers.

Well after saying s the above, I still gave Lunar an email and this time they were lightening in their response, good on them.

They have suggested bolting through and using plywood as the stiffener to spread the area over load.

Thanks again for the folks suggestions here.

Alex

Alex, I would do exactly that, apart from adding that if you use P. V. A. woodworking adhesive to hold the plywood, it really will be strong. Also be sure to buy the t. v. bracket that is detachable, (I think you probably already thought of that but no harm repeating) Good luck. Peter :)

Just as an alternative, I've mounted our flatscreen tv using 'mirror hanging brackets' from BnQ. TV is flush to the wall so less weight on the bracket and easy to remove TV for towing.