Wifi On C&cc Sites

C&CC very kindly offer free WIFI on some of their sites - I'm using it now.

Unfortunately, it seems to require you to enter a password every now and again and if you walk away from it for me than five minutes, you have to log back in.

I presume this is to stop people wasting bandwidth by leaving their laptops logged on or from downloading iPlayer or video streaming, but its very inconvenient. In fact it has just done it again in the time that it has taken for me to type this.

I suppose you shouldn't look a gift horse, etc

Edited by Barry J

The last 2 C&CC sites we have stopped at have offered free wifi (with a password from the office through BT) so I just ignored the site connection and logged in via the openzone / fon transmissions from their router and had no connection / disconnection problems but then again I have unlimited access with BT

C&CC very kindly offer free WIFI on some of their sites - I'm using it now.

Unfortunately, it seems to require you to enter a password every now and again and if you walk away from it for me than five minutes, you have to log back in.

I presume this is to stop people wasting bandwidth by leaving their laptops logged on or from downloading iPlayer or video streaming, but its very inconvenient. In fact it has just done it again in the time that it has taken for me to type this.

I suppose you shouldn't look a gift horse, etc

This might seem a silly question but do you have the option to pay for the internet connection without needing to re log in? If not I would suggest writing to the Club pointing out the inconvenience. I imagine the connection is time limited and perhaps all it needs is for them to make some adjustments!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

No, there was no pay option.

I think it is working on a timer.

i don't have a problem with the prompt coming up if there is no activity, but its a bit irritating when you are trying to use it just for browsing.