Reich Awd Mover Issue

Jocky

Just returned from a few days away enjoying this nice weather.

When we took van back to storage I noticed that the front near side roller was not turning and the tyre was being dragged and it wouldn't turn. Disengadged front rollers manually (economy move) had a look a roller and motor to see if I could find lose wire etc, gave the motor a tap with my hand re-engadged front rollers and it was working.

Do you think its got a bad motor, lose connection etc. Yes forgot to say system is only 6 months old.

cheers

Yes it sounds like a bad connection or something similar. Other than the electronics they are a very basic set up just a 12volt motor turning a drive roller through a reduction gearbox. I have a reick awd setup and one of the things i have done is cover each motor in a plastic bag too protect them from spray off the wheels. Check the two main connections on each motor they are usually large spade connections and only pushed on. If the problem persists get it looked at under the warranty.

peter.

Yes it sounds like a bad connection or something similar. Other than the electronics they are a very basic set up just a 12volt motor turning a drive roller through a reduction gearbox. I have a reick awd setup and one of the things i have done is cover each motor in a plastic bag too protect them from spray off the wheels. Check the two main connections on each motor they are usually large spade connections and only pushed on. If the problem persists get it looked at under the warranty. peter.

Other thing SWMBO wound the roller out and she might have put too much pressure on the tyre!!!!!! Thought if it had overloaded both rollers on that axle would have stopped and the box would have needed reseting. Will check the connection is sound and if it happens again will get it checked out.

One thing I will say is these AWD movers for twin axles are brilliant, but alko need to get their act together with regards to the jacking points and spare wheel carriers having to be removed when the movers fitted. Not nice trying to get both Alko wheel locks on with no suitable jacking point.

Not nice trying to get both Alko wheel locks on with no suitable jacking point.

Had same issue. I don't think it's solvable because the jacking point needs to be where it is to get closest to the balance point otherwise it would be an unsafe lift when unhitched.

A workaround I have found is to use a £40 'low profile' 2. 25t car jack which can enter between both tyres and then you just jack on the chassis. Works well!

I've got a trolley jack and a bottle jack the just fit in between the 2 wheels, but it just don't feel safe and it will end in tears. Have started using only one lock as the chassis will get damaged in the end I think.

Regarding your jacking points Jocky, Reich sell a bracket that fit on the rear mover cross bar to take the Alko jack. I first bought mine in 2005 when I had an Abbey Spectrum. A couple of years ago I bought a Kojack and I modified their brackets to replace the Alko ones.

Thats good to know about the jack bracket. Could you possibly point me in the direction of this as i can't find it on their website.

Cheers :)

Thats good to know about the jack bracket. Could you possibly point me in the direction of this as i can't find it on their website.

Cheers :)

Either ring Reich at Cannock or your local reish dealer

Robinsons of Worksop fitted the Reich mover and jacking points to my Lunar Ultima before collection late December 2010

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi