Why Are You Going To The Nec?

terryr1978

Was curious what everyone's motivations are for going to the show? I know most won't be after buying a new van, so are you going because, like me you're a caravan "nerd" and love peering in the new stuff? Are you looking for accessories like awnings and wotnot? Or what? The wife and I want a good nose around the new stealth concordia and it's clever front drawers (though we're not changing from the one we've got as they're not doing the same layout in concordia, sorry salespeople!!! :-p ) Want a look at the new Elddis's because they're so different to what they had before and want to see if they've become more interesting. Curious to see a new coachman in the flesh because in photo's they look a bit strange and like odd swift clones. Had a swift before and liked it so intend to look at the new cheapo range they've brought out as a matter of interest, anyone else think they look like adria's? And will quickly peruse bailey/lunar offerings but there doesn't seem anything new there of any interest, may be wrong. So that's us, what about you?

Pretty much the same want to have a good nose around, the Stealth is on my list as well - intrigued, also the new Elddis's have one on order but not actually seen one yet.

Hi terryr1978. We are going for a whole load of reasons, not least of all to compare the year on year models for our next 'New to Us' caravan. We currently have a 1previous owner 2001 Elddis Crusader SuperSirocco which is of the fixed OS bed and rear full width wash-room/shower/loo type.

We are intending to go for a twin axle again but with the Lateral Island Bed with separate shower & loo/wash-room. At present it is likely to be either an Elddis Crusader Cyclone or a very late Bailey Louisiana. We have looked at the offerings from a year or two ago from Lunar but not over wild about some of their weight/cost cutting practices.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

I am going because I have never been there, and I am curious - and its only an hour or so away.

BUT I am leaving my chque book and crdit cards and Sue at home :rolleyes:

BO

I am going because I have never been there, and I am curious - and its only an hour or so away.

BUT I am leaving my chque book and crdit cards and Sue at home :rolleyes:

BO

Hi Pete. I like the image on the back of the caravan. Is it fully removable in the future?,and who produced it for you?.

I have been toying with the idea of a Rooster on the back of our van for some time now.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Guest SimplySimon

We have been caravanning for 14 years and thought we'd like to see what it's all about… plus we wanted a weekend away :)

I went last year for the first time having already placed an order for my first caravan- it was a great learning experience as I got to understand the industry and what was on offer- I'm going back again because I would like to keep up to date on what is out there- the Internet is great for looking at stuff but nothing compares to seeing what's on offer first hand.

To see the new Bailey Rimini twin single bed model. ..which is reputedly ONLY a show special. ...though I cant believe that!!

To see the new Bailey Rimini twin single bed model. ..which is reputedly ONLY a show special. ...though I cant believe that!!

Indeed just like the unicorn was a limited edition!

I'm off to see the Broad Lane boys on their stand, as my deal is already done on one of their Swift Challenger Sport Fairway 554 dealer specials, which I've already seen - will also be good to re aquaint myself with the 'van they have on display.

Intrigued to see the new Sprite range that is being launched at the show too.

Plus, it's an annual pilgrimage for us, involving some friends and a night away with good company and plenty of banter!

caravan nerd,i will be heading for the stealth stand as their new range look a lot better than the 2009 launch range which were truely awfull,still havent seen one anywhere(maybe i dont get out enough)

Just for a nice day out; will make point of leaving the credit/debit cards in the safe at home!

Archived