Caravan Safe

harvomark

Hi,

Does anyone one use a caravan safe? What make do you use ?Are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one for when we go abroad.

Thanks in Advance.

I'd be worried that the caravan safe was nicked along with the caravan.

I figure the car is much more secure.

Hi,

Does anyone one use a caravan safe? What make do you use ?Are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one for when we go abroad.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Harvomark,

We have a caravan safe for sale which is in the classified section of Caravan Talk. It is ideal for a caravan as it can be bolted into the floor under one of the bunks or bottom of wardrobe. The safe is approx. 9" x 5 1/2 " x 4 1/2".We are asking £10.

we have a safe bolted to the floor - ideal when we are away for long periods - believe its much safer than hiding stuff in the car or behind books in the van.

what do we put in it? - all the usual things you don't want knicked :) :)

Guest SimplySimon

No, we use the underneath things principal which is that If you split up your valuables and put them under draws, beds cub pboard floors etc. the potential thief would only get away with part of the total.

I use a safe from B&Q (£15) bolted through the floor under a bunk . Its big enough to put cameras and money and valuables in .

Dave

A safe is only as secure as whatever it is fastened to. If the tea-leaves can simply rip the thing away (and do untold damage to your van floor) and take it away to open it at their leisure then it is not just useless, it's worse than useless. I don't think that fitting a big plate under the floor to bolt the safe to would help much.

I wish manufacturers would provide at least on secure fastening point for a computer with a bolt through the chassis.

Archived