Incorrect Details

Diefer

Hi guys,

Just had an interesting phone chat with my brother who's having problems with his supplying dealer, which happens to be the same supplying dealer I'm having problems with. ...

He currently has a 2007 Compass Rallye which he bought second hand last October (2010). He has been trying to get some warranty work done with the supplying dealer but they're saying the work needed is not covered by warranty. My brother then contacted the warranty company direct to get advice only to be told there's no warranty registered against this 'van. My brother has never been issued a warranty card/book, would one be supplied?!

Whilst going through the paperwork with the warranty company there also seems to be some anomolies with the CVR/6 (CRiS document) in that it seems the registration date is before the manufacturer date.

The one he is most interested in is the details on the finance agrrement, It's been listed as a different model caravan. The 'van in question is a 2007 Compass Rallye 644 but the finance has it as a Rallye 640. Is this a simple typo or is he paying finance on a caravan he doesn't own?!?! (I understand he doesn't "own" the caravan until the finance is settled but you know what I mean)

I'm not one to air my dirty laundry in public but if this dealer seriously doesn't start bucking their ideas up. ....I think I may have to soon. .......

My brother is currently in liason with the CC legal team but it would be interesting to get your views on this.

Many thanks,

Diefer

When you say the warranty company do you mean the manufacturer i. e. Explorer group? The change of ownership also has to registered with Explorer group (£30 ish)i think to keep the warranty valid,i think being a 2007 though it might just be the remainder of the ingress/damp warranty.

When you say the warranty company do you mean the manufacturer i. e. Explorer group? The change of ownership also has to registered with Explorer group (£30 ish)i think to keep the warranty valid,i think being a 2007 though it might just be the remainder of the ingress/damp warranty.

Because the 'van was purchased second hand, it will have a third party warranty cover. The details of this company that have been given by the dealers have no record of my brothers van on their system.

Hi,

I would have thought that some sort of warranty information should have been supplied and it may be worth making contact with the finance company to query the incorrect model.

As far as the CVR6 document goes, phone CRiS and ask the question. I assume the chassis number and CRiS document match?

If no joy is had with the dealer it is worth remembering that the credit supplier may be jointly liable if certain conditions have been met under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. There is plenty of info available on the internet. It depends what type of finance was used but, you use the term finance agreement so I think section 75 probably applies.

Good luck.

The registration and manufacturing dates could be due to the caravan being registered at the end of the year ie a 2007 model registered at the end of 2006 when purchased . Whats the tenth digit on the CRiS number that will give a year of manufacture .

Dave

If there was any warranty - then the warranty policy booklet should have been supplied by the dealer. My dealer provided mine.

I also did my own transfer of manufacturer warranty, which was for the remaining period. I had to pay a small fee £25, and provide service history.

I hope the dealer hasn't taken the money for the warranty but not actually bought the warranty

Archived