Fixed Twin Single Bed Bailey You Say?

Sir Yazoo

Yes sir, the Pegasus Rimini will be out Nov/Dec. Same as the Lunar Clubman SB by the looks of it.

:ph34r:

Ah - well. I really fancy Bailey - and I really fancy the Lunar SB - so now my choice has been sorted.

And NOW - a bit of Bailey Bashing.

What took you soooooooo long Mr Bailey?

I reckon the Rimini will be the bees knees for a lot of us although I saw a Peggy with roughly the same layout - foldable island bed with rear bathroom, or was I imaging it. Sure it was a Peggy.

H'mmmmmmm

Bo

The new twin bed version will be launched at the NEC. There is a rumour it will ONLY be a show special. But I can't believe they would not continue producing what has been a clearly successful layout for other manufacturers.

Is this layout really popular? The wife and I still like sleeping together, why would anyone want twin beds??????

Gads Terry,

Wait until you get older - then you will find out. Its not so bad in the winter though.

Anyway, besides that I think the SB has a double bed and the two settees that can be two singles, so the best of both worlds.

Thanks Sir Yazoo. That Peggy 554 had very small settees but would still convert into a smallish double bed, and I liked that.

I shall keep an eye out for that at the NEC.

Cheers

Bo

Is this layout really popular? The wife and I still like sleeping together, why would anyone want twin beds??????

There's a difference between sleeping together and continually waking the partner up due to the small bed size, cramped positioning and communal mattress, amplifying every twitch. At home we have a super king with independent mattresses and bases which enable one person to sleep when the other is moving about. ...that being my wife!!

This isn't about marital bliss it's about getting a refreshing nights sleep and we have never achieved it in a caravan 'nearly' double bed.

The reintroduction of this layout in Swift and Lunar ranges was an immediate success, influencing them sufficiently to continue the option, and in Swifts case, expand this layout into other ranges. It has also caused Bailey to join in. So yes it is a popular layout.

This isn't about marital bliss it's about getting a refreshing nights sleep and we have never achieved it in a caravan 'nearly' double bed.

There Terry :- THATS the point I was trying to make.

I wish I was elequeant eliquant aliquint could speek proper like Ericfield.

BO

The new twin bed version will be launched at the NEC. There is a rumour it will ONLY be a show special. But I can't believe they would not continue producing what has been a clearly successful layout for other manufacturers.

No, stock SHOULD be available before the end of the year

I've looked at the Luner SB and other Lunars, what worries me they talk about how light they are, yes they are light if you go to the rear panel it has little or no support in it, yes I would like single beds as well as a double, and light as well but not at a price of the being unable to fit a rear bike rack

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who presented comments, in the end we have ordered a new Elddis Shamal, as we liked the layout and the option of putting a bike rack on the back and also fixing a sat dish on the roof .

Tony