Caravan Floor

Joanthephone

We noticed our caravan floor had started to go a little springy infront of the sink/fridge. We phoned our local mobile caravan repairer/Engineer who called out and delaminated the area. He had to remove the carpet and we were thinking we would need to take it all up and replace the carpet with new. However, he "glued" the area of floor which needed repairing and the following day he returned and checked all had set. He then relayed the carpet and where he had to cut it in the doorway of the bathroom he has put a metal strip. When we saw the finished job we were surprised it looked so good and would not need to replace the carpet. First class job has been done and the floor is now as good as new. :) We thought the charge of £170. 00 was good as a friend was quoted more than that recently.

Depending upon where exactly the problem is the carpet may or may not have to be replaced. I have had delaminated floors repaired, and as stated above, it's not a difficult job, but it does take time and can be messy until completed.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Archived