Hi all,

Off to Cornwall at the weekend to Dolbeare Caravan Park near Saltash. Will be driving down early Saturday morning.

I need suggestions of suitable services to stop off at. Driving from Milton Keynes We will be getting on the M4 at junction 15 so will need a stop shortly after that. Then will need another on the M5.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

M4 Leigh Delamere is quite acceptable, just after J17. The only SS on the M5 worth using is the big one by Exeter at Jn 28, Cullompton.

Thanks, just been looking at the Cullumpton one on google maps and it looks a bit tight.

Is there one near that might be easier to get in and out of?

It's 228 miles via A38 and M5

According to Google maps that should take 4. 5 to 5 hours. (avg 45 mph?)

Have a safe tow.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I'm not quite sure what to say to that - the image shows several artics in the parking area. Our rig is just under 40 feet in total, and I wouldn't have any qualms about using that service station. I guess it's your call according to your towing expertise.

Thanks Blue, It will be the first long trip we have done and want it to go as easily as possible :) Im always wary of this kind of thing.

Will see how we do on the day and may give it a go :)

You'll be fine - I tow a large caravan-sized trailer for a job and have never found a services I couldn't get into. Just aim for the truck parking area unless there is a clearly marked caravan one or the entrance to the car area is wide and car park fairly clear. Personally I almsot always just go to trucks area. (Don't trust signs on Welcome Break services - they lull you into a false sense of security with a 'caravans this way' sign as you enter, then almost never give you any other guidance after that!).