Caernarfon C C Site To Close!

sprite

I was surprised to see in the latest CC mag that this site is to close in October. ..the official reason is that the management contract has come to an end. ....whatever this means surely it could be renewed?

I have not been to this site but was thinking of doing so when I saw this surprising bit of news!

"I was surprised to see in the latest CC mag that this site is to close in October. ..the official reason is that the management contract has come to an end. ....whatever this means surely it could be renewed?"

I don't know any more than you do re' this particular site however the site must be owned by a 3rd party who has decided noto to renew the lease or contract to the CC. What the CC can do about it is . .....nothing! Been there once. Great site for access to the cycle tracks nearby. Pity

Regards

solarlun.

A few years back the CC 'lost' their site on the Great Yorkshire Showground on the edge of Harrogate when the lease ran out, strangely several other County showground sites stopped at the same time. Maybe the CC had negotiated with a group of them in the past and they all decided they could make a better return doing other things with the space.

Useless Fact

The large Sainsburys built on part of the Great Yorkshire Showground ceases operations for the four days that the Great Yorkshire Show runs during July.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I expect these things are more complicated than they look on the surface. The owners might not wish to renew the lease and could well have other plans for the site. The Club might not be willing to take on a new lease if it was too short and therefore make any investment uneconomic. I think there is a similar issue with their Morn Hill site at Winchester where they only own half the site and Winchester City Council own the other half.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Hi

Seem to remember mention of this at the start of the year, thing is -can not remember where ! said something about the owner wants to re- develop the site ( more flats ? )

david 1220

I believe that the owner of the Coed Helen site, Haulfryn Leisure, are using the area that the CC manage to increase their holiday homes pitches. Shame really as it was a lovely site and really handy for walking into Caernarfon (as long as the foot bridge is working!)

. ..... I believe that the owner of the Coed Helen site, Haulfryn Leisure . ...

If the CC are up against Haulfryn then it'll go the way Haulfryn want it to. To be fair Haulfryn are very good at what they do, but they are much more geared to statics than touring interests. I don't doubt they will make more money developing the site on that basis, and sadly that's what makes the world go around. However there other touring sites in the area (I know 'cause we're seasonal pitched on one of them!)

Edited by jetA1

I believe that the owner of the Coed Helen site, Haulfryn Leisure, are using the area that the CC manage to increase their holiday homes pitches. Shame really as it was a lovely site and really handy for walking into Caernarfon (as long as the foot bridge is working!)

I read that somewhere a few weeks ago.

Simply a case of them wanting to use all the available land for static holiday homes.

Makes good business sense.

If the CC are up against Haulfryn then it'll go the way Haulfryn want it to. To be fair Haulfryn are very good at what they do, but they are much more geared to statics than touring interests.

The CC site is/was leased from Haulfryn who own the whole park including their own commercial statics site at which CC members had access to the clubhouse.

There have been planning notices around the site since last year indicating that the CC site is to have hard bases installed for mobile homes. and a number of the trees are to be felled. On a previous occasion that I was there a very large branch broke from a tree and flattened a caravan below. Luckily the owners were out at the time.

A few years back the CC 'lost' their site on the Great Yorkshire Showground on the edge of Harrogate when the lease ran out, strangely several other County showground sites stopped at the same time. Maybe the CC had negotiated with a group of them in the past and they all decided they could make a better return doing other things with the space.

Useless Fact

The large Sainsburys built on part of the Great Yorkshire Showground ceases operations for the four days that the Great Yorkshire Show runs during July.

Hi,

The Harrogate site closed to allow the building of a luxury hotel and conference centre which has not started to this day. By the way when asked if they were going to replace the site, the CC said yes they were opening a new site in Yorkshire. .......at BARNARD CASTLE!!!!!! A lesson in geography required people :D,

Regards,

Ian.

but the cc has a site at knaresborough , less than 10 miles from the former harrogate cc site i believe ??

but the cc has a site at knaresborough , less than 10 miles from the former harrogate cc site i believe ??

Hi,

Yes they do, but it was already open, and has been for years, so North Yorkshire still lost a site when Harrogate closed and the CC rep told me that their new site in Yorkshire was in Barnard Castle which is in County Durham,

Regards,

Ian.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know that we have just bought Coed Helen and re-opened for touring and seasonal touring we hope you will all revisit us soon.

www. coedhelen. com

attachicon.gif11793 Coed Helen Logo. jpg

No dogs so that is out then.

Hi,

Yes they do, but it was already open, and has been for years, so North Yorkshire still lost a site when Harrogate closed and the CC rep told me that their new site in Yorkshire was in Barnard Castle which is in County Durham,

Regards,

Ian.

I know this is an old post, but the old Durham/North Yorkshire Boundary was the River Tees, and therefore the CC site would have been in Yorkshire, until the boundary was officially changed.

I do remeber calling in at the Rose and Crown Pub in Mickleton over 20 years ago and a proper old fashioned pub. The then landlord who was in for years had signs up saying it was in Yorkshire not Durham as it is over the river. (Now called the Crown and has a good CL).