How To Fit Red Alko Shock Absorbers To My Caravan

gingerbreadman

Hello to all the forum members . Can anybody post a link / PDF or post which covers fitting Red Alko Shock Absorbers to our caravan ( bailey pageant provence 2005 S/A ) with alko chassis . Will be fitting them shortly and would like to know how difficult it is to do, best regards and thanks in advance for all and any advice, Gingerbreadman . ..

PAUL, 2005 Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior 2. 5TD, Towing A 2005 Bailey Pageant Provence .

I've just fitted a blue pair to my van so here's a couple of tips to go with Dave's pdf.

1. Remove rectangular plastic cap. ----- Best way I found was to put an old chisel blade into the lip and knock it out with a hammer. Damage doesn't matter - they won't be needed again.

2. Press brackets together using pliers. ----- Again I found it difficult. I put a bolt through the holes and tightened them together then held them so with a mole grip while the shocker bolt was put in.

Other than that the job is straightforward and well worth doing.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

A BIG thankyou to all that answered, seems straight forward . Will be fitting on the weekend . . Cheers, Gingerbreadman

PAUL, 2005 Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior 2. 5TD, Towing A 2005 Bailey Pageant Provence .