Vendee Next Year - Anyone Been To These Sites?

Hoping to go to the Vendee next year - has anyone been to the sites below at all

http://www. campinglapareepreneau. com/gb. html

http://www. amiaux. fr/

http://www. la-loubine. fr/

and if so - any opinions on them. Never been to the area (not even France!) but would value people's views

Thanks

Hi Janet,

Don't Know any of the sites personally, but with French sites you do get good value. I could offer advice as how to get there from Hull. Taking the Eastern crossing you'd have to stopover somewhere for a couple of nights, so I allways suggest the Western crossings either Caen or St Malo. the drive down to Portsmouth via M1-A43-M40-A34 is a doddle. Overnight on the boat, with cabin,shower and breakfast, then it's about 3hrs down to the Vendee, if you fancy breaking your trip over here we have a very good site in our village Concourson sur Layon. http://www. campingvdv. com/. Others will suggest the western crossings are too expensive, but I allways suggest that if towing from north of the midlands, the trip to Dover and then from Calais has to be broken up,so it might as well be done whilst sleeping on the boat,AND your on holiday!!! enjoy it. Catch ya later,indoors.

Avoid Vendee sites directly on the coast. The best sites are a couple of miles inland IMHO.

Avoid Vendee sites directly on the coast. The best sites are a couple of miles inland IMHO.

Any suggestions - I picked the coastal ones so it was easier to get to the beach areas, but don't mind wooded/inland areas.

For us it's possibly just the two of us (maybe a 17 year old son). But our friends have and 11 year old and the others have 3 similar aged children - they would need some entertainment and pools to be happy. We're not that bothered although don't want a really big site if possible.

For us it's possibly just the two of us (maybe a 17 year old son). But our friends have and 11 year old and the others have 3 similar aged children - they would need some entertainment and pools to be happy. We're not that bothered although don't want a really big site if possible.

Le Garangeoire at St Julien les Landes. Very highly thought of site, part of the Castels and Camping Group. It's in all the brochures plus, if you Google the name, you'll get to its website.

www. lepong. com

well worth a look at. I would recommend the Portsmouth - St Malo route as well.

We have been the the La Loubine three times and we have always really enjoyed itl. The swimming pool is fantastic and the whole atmosphere around the pool is relaxing and friendly. The evening entertainment at the bar is typically French. That is that it is unusual but watchable and facinating!!!!

The beaches, although I do not think are really walkable are nice and sandy and the sea is nice.

La Sables de olonne is a good seaside town there is lots to see and do there and the restaurants are good and the ice cream bars are excellent. After 9pm they close off the roads and have street entertainment which is excellent.

Why should one avoid coastal sites, is there risk of floods, great white sharks devouring caravaners.

Any suggestions - I picked the coastal ones so it was easier to get to the beach areas, but don't mind wooded/inland areas.

There are two belting sites at Landevielle - Camping Pong and the former Camping Municipal right in the village centre that has now been privatised and added a pool. The latter is quite reasonably priced.

http://en. camping-ecureuils. com/Default. aspx?p=Default&n1=17&n2=3

I agree, why avoid coastal sites ??? this one in Jard was good with a nice walk down to the town which had a market etc.

Why should one avoid coastal sites, is there risk of floods, great white sharks devouring caravaners.

Wallet sharks! Inland sites are much less expensive by and large.

There are two belting sites at Landevielle - Camping Pong and the former Camping Municipal right in the village centre that has now been privatised and added a pool. The latter is quite reasonably priced.

This site seems to have an unfortunate name. hope its not a relection on the french latrines or drains!!

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.