Water In Double Glazing Unit

oldseasalt

Ive just power-washed the caravan and now I have water in one of the front windows. Has this happened to anyone else? and how do I remove it? Help!

Many thanks to any replies

Cheers

Stan

usually a little plus on the inside you can remove, then a warm hairdrier to dry off before replacing, not to hot though or youll melt it.

Though if youve power washed it it sounds like the seal has gone, Elddis say not to powerwash as it damages the mastic

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

I was going to say the same thing. ...there is usually a small plug on the inside - often at the bottom on either side. ...remove it and in this weather you may not need a hair dryer. ..just leave it to dry out. But as has been mentioned, all the best advice is to not use power washers on caravans. ..just too harsh on the seals.

When removing the plugs becareful not to poke them in as you try and remove them . A power washer will beat the seals and also push water in around the window seals .

Is it water or condensation due to the hot weather and cold water as I get my windows mist up for about 30 mins after a hosing then are fine .

Dave

never use a power washer. it will force water in through the caravan around windows, fridge vents and in extreme cases pushes the sealant out from behind the external mouldings and extrusions. going back a number of years ago i had to inspect a 6mth old fleetwood colchester that had been regularly power washed. as a result his bill to repair it was about £3000 and was not coveredby the warranty

Archived