Water Pump

t a f

Hi,

Hope this is posted in the right place. When i connect the water pump to the caravan & switch it on the red light keeps on so i go out & push it back on it also leaks doe's it have seals or something to stop it leaking (Maggie says i am to heavy handed to do repairs like that) but s*d her i intend with your help fixing it LoL.

TAF

Depends on the type of pump but there should be 1 or 2 O rings to provide a seal and the pump casing should push fully in. It should be obvious if O rings are missing as you will have a groove round the pump connection where it/they should be. I had a similar problem on an old van because I wasn't pushing the pump fully in as it felt as thought it was fully in and pushing any harder would break it. I cleaned and lubricated the pump connector and it went fully home after that but still felt tighter than I was comfortable with.

Truma ulttraflow system I have now is a scoosh, pardon the pun!!

May I just add that a teeny amount of silicone spray will also help. Silicone is useful all over the 'van lubricating hinges, drawer runners, etc. Never leave home without it. Regards Peter :)

Often when its pushed in fully you can drop the flap and it holds it secure.

In fact it's designed to do that as there's a little lip that engages with the housing.

The O rings do seem to deteriorate quite rapidly and they're only pence to replace.

Replace the rubber O rings.

If they are not in view you will see groove/s where they have dropped off. :unsure:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Archived