Sites Along The East Coast.

Guest nairam

Apologies if i have posted in the wrong section.

I am looking for a site along the east coast, Ive been looking at all the reviews and looking online and am bedazzled by the amount of touring sites there are.

Its just for a weekend breakaway, does anyone have any recommendations??

Many thanks

Hi im new on here and i have come across this topic ( IM LOOKING FOR ANY TOPICS FOR GERMAN VANS) we go on a couple of sites on the north east coast of Filey one has nothing for kids but fab views of sea and countryside and seems to be the middle/older age group.

There is another nice site located on the countrypark with a few more facilaties and equal sea and country views.

If you want more info let me know. Shar

http://www. blueskyleisure. co. uk/woodhill-park-id312. html

Woodhills at East Runton nr Cromer. Very good.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Apologies if i have posted in the wrong section.

I am looking for a site along the east coast, Ive been looking at all the reviews and looking online and am bedazzled by the amount of touring sites there are.

Its just for a weekend breakaway, does anyone have any recommendations??

Many thanks

It would help if you could perhaps say what you like/are looking for?

Large/small site

child/dog friendly

facilities??

near beach??

you don't say which part of the east coast your nearest to or aiming at but this is one of our favourite sites www. the-poplars. co. uk, it's within easy walking distance of Bridlington, is dog friendly, small, quiet and family run, has a very good pub 'the martonian' right next door, flamborough, filey and bempton cliffs rspb sanctuary are all within easy reach too.

a bit further south is another of our favourite sites www. reedhamferry. co. uk, which also has a very good pub on the door step and another couple of excellent pubs just a short walk away, norwich and cromer are within easy reach too. but is more inland though so may not be what your looking for

coming back up north another favourite is www. eastfieldspark. co. uk a large, dog and family friendly site, again plenty of good pubs, walks and beaches all with-in easy reach.

hope these help make your mind up :D

Edited by oldowl

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

It would help if you could perhaps say what you like/are looking for? Large/small site child/dog friendly facilities?? near beach??

Okies, before i reply to the others, i will reply to this one.

Im in lincolnshire, only other site ive stayed on on the east coast is thornwick, good site i have to say, but id like to go elsewhere and see what else there is. Oh, also stayed at Hooks farm, first ever site i stayed at when we first picked up the caravan.

Further south from me. .. no idea. . havent stayed anywhere in that direction.

What i would like. .. as im having a break from the kids, youngest 7 oldest 14, 2 inbetween being a single parent and had a rough few weeks, id like somewhere that will be quiet with no screaming kids and no disrespect intended there, ive just had enough of my own screaming at me and just need to get away for a couple of days to recharge, sleep and rest before getting back into the fray.

Id like somewhere that is within walking distance of the beach, lovely views, shops nay too far away, and an interesting locality in case i decide to venture from the caravan. Dog friendly im not bothered as im leaving mine behind at home. Complete rest is what i need as im worn out at the moment.

Id like somewhere that looks nice and clean, friendly people, has a good reputation.

Im just getting mind boggled with all the sites there are out there and with my brain worn out. . im finding it really hard to differentiate between any of the sites ive looked at!!

I dont belong to the caravan club so am unsure sometimes if a caravan club site will accept us.

Many many thanks for all the replies, maybe this post will help someone point me in the right direction??

Kind regards.

I have two suggestions for you, first one is Cliff House -

http://www. cliffhousepark. co. uk/touring_caravanpark. htm

Second one is a little further afield in Northumberland:

http://www. proctorsstead. co. uk/

Both next to beaches, and both in interesting areas.

Hope this helps, and you get your batteries recharged.

Okies, before i reply to the others, i will reply to this one.

Im in lincolnshire, only other site ive stayed on on the east coast is thornwick, good site i have to say, but id like to go elsewhere and see what else there is. Oh, also stayed at Hooks farm, first ever site i stayed at when we first picked up the caravan.

Further south from me. .. no idea. . havent stayed anywhere in that direction.

What i would like. .. as im having a break from the kids, youngest 7 oldest 14, 2 inbetween being a single parent and had a rough few weeks, id like somewhere that will be quiet with no screaming kids and no disrespect intended there, ive just had enough of my own screaming at me and just need to get away for a couple of days to recharge, sleep and rest before getting back into the fray.

Id like somewhere that is within walking distance of the beach, lovely views, shops nay too far away, and an interesting locality in case i decide to venture from the caravan. Dog friendly im not bothered as im leaving mine behind at home. Complete rest is what i need as im worn out at the moment.

Id like somewhere that looks nice and clean, friendly people, has a good reputation.

Im just getting mind boggled with all the sites there are out there and with my brain worn out. . im finding it really hard to differentiate between any of the sites ive looked at!!

I dont belong to the caravan club so am unsure sometimes if a caravan club site will accept us.

Many many thanks for all the replies, maybe this post will help someone point me in the right direction??

Kind regards.

if it were me i'd, see if i could get on to poplars at sewerby, bridlington, small, very quiet site, shops not a million miles away, good pub grub on the doorstep, beach is close by, sewerby hall, with it's gardens, zoo and tea room, on the doorstep as well, flamborough & bridlington itself both with-in walking distance,.

it really is a lovely little site for a few days peace and quiet, we've stayed there a few times now and it's the first site we look to get on when we just want a couple of days away.

the site itself is very clean and well kept, all pitches have ehu, the toilet/ shower block are always kept spotlessly clean are open 24/7, and the owners are very friendly and helpful,

i've already posted a link for it earlier in this thread

p. s. poplars close's at the end of october

Edited by oldowl

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

waxham sands sea palling last week basic non fuss site everything works low elec hook up 6amps but what a location over the dunes lovely sandy beach

excellent camp site staff security

Don't know if you got fixed up, but a good one in your area is Cherry Tree Touring Park,

http://www. cherrytreesite. co. uk/contactus. htm

Adults only, spotless on site, 15/20 mins to the sea and town.