Overhead Lockers

david 1220

Hi,

talking to a fellow caravaner, got to talking about overhead lockers ( as you do ! ) said he kept his clothes in his, us? we have a few books & a radio, what do you have in yours ?

david 1220

4 of them contain clothes. 2 for me and 2 for OH.

One of our annual holidays is usually for 30 nights. Then I take about 12 tee shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, 6 pairs of trousers, 2 jackets/fleeces and a few outer jackets/coats. and 10 changes of underwear. Despite having a 5 berth for the 2 of us there is not a lot of space in a wardrobe!

According to OH everything but the kitchen sink, :) Denise

OK, I'll bite . .. where do you put the sink ???

Above the cooker / sink - Tea, hot choc, and all the hot drinks in one and cutlery / utensils in the other.

Above the front window - 2 with food tins / packets

Above side window - a basket with first aid stuff, )cream, plasters, bandages and everything!)

Above what's now our fixed bed, the old dinette - My stuff :D toiletries, hair straighteners etc

Wardrobe - clothes, since it's normally only weekends we're away

Compass Shadow 1988

our old girl is only ikkle, so dosen't have a lot of over head locker space, the 2 over the front window have a few books, a selection of dvd's, a couple of my old holiday hats and not a lot else really, the other overhead locker above the fridge area is usually where i keep a selection of bits n bobs that might (but usually don't ) come in useful, it used to house our old cd/radio player but this gave up the ghost and has, as yet, not been re-placed.

the other 2 over head lockers above the sink area house our first aid kit, cups, dishes, plates etc,

just being the 2 of us our wardrobe and the adjacent shelved cupboard have, up to date, proved more than adequate for stowing our jollies clobber away

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

Still finding homes for stuff in ours, but so far we have a few books in one of the front side lockers packet soups and cereals in one of the kitchen ones - plates etc. in the other. We try to avoid tins and other heavy items being stored at head height "just in case"

When we are travelling the overhead lockers are empty, apart from melamine plates in the kitchen area ( I'm obsessive about carrying weight at height).

On site we use the overheads for tins and other foodstuffs which don't need refrigeration.

We have more than adequate wardrobe/drawer/shelf space for clothes for the two of us.

In this order. ...

Habitation door side first. ...

Front locker - bread, cereal, bread rolls etc.

Next one back - three pans, casserole dish, colander, steamer, wine glasses.

Next one - six piece Denby dinner service

Next one - tea and coffee, sugar, flask, jugs, salt and pepper

Other side - cupboard above fridge first

Sky box and satellte receiver

Next one - biscuits, sweets, cakes

Next - DVDs, books,

Next - CD's, spare kettle, more mugs!

All clothes and shoes etc go in two wardrobes.

The under counter space is packed. Under the seats is even worse!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Hi folks,

First of all -thanks for taking the trouble to post, the conversation came about after we had put our ( loaded ) van on the public weigh bridge and found we were 85K. G. over weight ! so we are "thinning down " our load. our overhead lockers as posted are by and large empty--- that was before the weighbridge. ! Also our new van is smaller so will have to re think our loading ! thanks everybody.

regards david 1220

only light stuff in the over head lockers no tins only melamine plates bowls cups under wear socks

so if they come out they bounce on the work tops floors and not dent or make holes

Archived