Pembrookshire, Tenby

sallybw

Kiln Park

Well I decided earlier in the year to take advantage of the caravan clubs offer of three free nights with Haven. Booked it in the middle of the year costing £6 admin fee. So off we went last weekend. The weather was not good and following having driven around the park for a bit as the sign posting for booking in was very poor we were then placed in a muddy field. All I could smell was stinky mud. A number of people turned up that evening including tents and tourers and motorhomes. Had a walk around the park and found the entertainment block. As soon as you go in you are surrounded by a massive arcade and at the back is a tiny pool and burger king and bar area.

My 4 year old enjoyed the pool and the slide, however I can only imagine what a nightmare the queue would be in the summer time. There was a very limited amount of cubicles and there were only two showers which were next to the pool so you couldnt really shower properly.

The shower block and toilets were not the cleanest, in fact I didnt use them as the toilets were smelly the shower block also closed around 6pm so there were really big queues before this. Friday night came and went with nothing to report, Saturday was spent in the pool, going for a walk with the dog and just generally chilling out in the caravan as the weather was not the best. Saturday night we heard a very loud female screaming and swearing close to our caravan and this went on for a while. Sunday we packed up and came home a day early. If I had to pay for the holiday I would have been really upset by the place, I would not recommend going there to be honest and wont be going there again. The staff however were very friendly. I would strongly recommend going to Tenby as a place as it is great but would recommend steering clear of this site,

Hi Sallybw yes I had a look around Kiln Park Tenby about 18 months ago after a very wet and windy week in near by Yerberston and Kiln Park looked just like Beauit after a boming, and pepole where complaining about the park not helping them as there were a lot of flooded tents and storm damages one's as well, I would not recomend this hoilday camp to anyone not even my worst mate.

We will be back home again next year.

Edited by Blackvynil

S**t. I'm booked in there this weelend. Oh well, shouldn't be muddy at the moment.

Last time Iooked round there it was 3ft under water during August after a particularly wet summer. Not first of my list of sites to visit. :(

Kiln Park is located on "Marsh Rd", that should give you some inkling of the ground geography. Up till only a few years ago there were actually mooring points on part of the campsite. Im surprised at the toilet situation mentioned by the OP. last time there, you were issued with code for entry to the toilets after a certain time.

When the weather is good its not such a bad park, though some relocation of statics to former touring areas have resulted in MUCH smaller pitches than previous years.

You get what you pay for with Haven, and its clones, so you pays your money and takes your chances. Several visits to several Havens and never would i pay their peak prices.

nigel

Edited by nigel129

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,