Replacement Window And Cris

Brian4

We have just had the centre window replaced on our van but the CRiS number was not etched on it and I was told that this is ok as the other windows have it + the ID plate and is embedded electronically in the van's structure. I was wondering if anybody else has had the widow replaced and their experience with the CRiS engraving.

Thanks Brian

Hi Brian, the same thing happened when the nearside front window was replaced on our Bailey due to de-lamination . The replacement window did not have the CRiS number etched either and was told at the time that it could be done at a cost of around £140. 00 + vat, thought it was a bit steep and declined . Had the caravan 2 years now and I don't even notice it any more, all the other windows give the correct information so I am happy with that :)

PAUL, 2005 Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior 2. 5TD, Towing A 2005 Bailey Pageant Provence .

hello

same here I had a Bailey and got a replacement window, no CRiS number. . I fitted the window and never gave the CRiS number a second thought, traded the van in at a dealer and they never picked up on it, I say save your money!

My replacement front window wasn't etched either.

But I have to ask why such significance should be placed on some etched plastic in the first place?

Seems very tenuous a device.

Brian

I had my window replaced on my Pastiche 560/4 but it was not etched with the chassis number. I just our told dealer that they should do it as it was a warranty item after all. Dealer sent me the kit in the psot with the stencil for our chassis number and it took me about 10 minutes max to do.

Alan

Under the terms of the Warranty the CRiS number should be etched back on the window as you purchased the caravan with a number on the window .

Dave

I had a replacement window fitted last year, it didn't have the CRiS number so I questioned it. The dealer ordered the kit from CRiS and then etched the window the next time the van was in.

I'm now waiting on another window and I've told them I want the CRiS number on the new window and they have agreed.

Archived