Aquasmart Pump Keeps Cutting In

poolebob

I have been having problems with my inboard Whale Pump cutting in when no water is being used.

There are no leaks. I checked and it doesn't use any water when i t cuts in so I have concluded it must be the non-return valve which is in the pump itself. Whale's solution is to replace the pump head.

I have not been able to find out how much this costs and I am tempted to strip the pump down to see what's causing it.

Has anyone either replaced a pump head or stripped one down?

poolebob

I have been having problems with my inboard Whale Pump cutting in when no water is being used.

There are no leaks. I checked and it doesn't use any water when i t cuts in so I have concluded it must be the non-return valve which is in the pump itself. Whale's solution is to replace the pump head.

I have not been able to find out how much this costs and I am tempted to strip the pump down to see what's causing it.

Has anyone either replaced a pump head or stripped one down?

poolebob

Wouldn't it be easier to fit another non return valve in the pipework?

Wouldn't it be easier to fit another non return valve in the pipework?

That's Plan B

poolebob

This is a common problem caused by a bit of grit getting under the valve head. If you call Whale and ask for Aiden he will give you the instructions. Be particularly careful not to lose any bits or washers as you take it apart.

Thanks will try that.

poolebob

Has anyone fitted a non return valve in the pipework and

which size and make did you use?

Regards

I had the same problem. The first time the dealer stripped the pump and cleaned the rubbish out. A few months later it happened again and they suggested I fitted a non return valve between the inlet and the pump. It was a standard Truma (I think) inline push fit valve which cost about £8. This solved the problem.

It seems that the carbon filter on the end of the water pick up, does not filter out all the rubbish. Makes me wonder why I bother with it.

I was in a dealers in Bradford last week and they told me that manufacturers are stopping fitting them to all but top end models.

As our Seville has a filter on the outboard feed but not on the inboard feed having one seems a bit pointless anyway

poolebob

Out of interest poolebob, how many times a day would this happen and for how long?

Happens to our Aquasmart 2 or 3 times a day but only runs for a couple of seconds each time.

Thought this was normal?

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Was happening intermittently say every hour for 1-2 secs but last time out was happening very 10 mins and sometimes for a few secs Very irritating

Poolebob

Just like mine, I had to switch the pump off at nights. Non return valve was my final solution.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Thats the type of thing I fitted, I don't think the inner bore diameter of mine was as big as 1/2 inch though? I think mine was Truma and it was on th shelf in my local dealer's shop.