Caravanless

HDom

the lovely Avondale Dart went to new owners from Wales yeasterday,it was a sad sight to see it going down the road but looking foward to collecting the new(ish) van in a couple of weeks,pity we will miss a lovely weekend !!!

when we bought our first van it was from a couple with 2 little boys, as we drove away with the van the kids were both standing with sad faces at their veranda waving their van off I felt so sorry for them.

That's so sad! :(

I know, we felt realy bad as the guy was selling the van for £400 and after viewing it I said will you accept £350, he ran upstairs to speak to his wife and came down and said yes. ..then his 2 wee boys both appeared to help move their stuff out of it (clothes and some toys) I gave the kids £2 each to buy sweets, they ran upstairs and then waved us off,I was glad of the bargain but their wee faces I will never forget. Infact when we sold the van I felt sad at it going and probably looked as miserable as the wee boys did lol

I know, we felt realy bad as the guy was selling the van for £400 and after viewing it I said will you accept £350, he ran upstairs to speak to his wife and came down and said yes. ..then his 2 wee boys both appeared to help move their stuff out of it (clothes and some toys) I gave the kids £2 each to buy sweets, they ran upstairs and then waved us off,I was glad of the bargain but their wee faces I will never forget. Infact when we sold the van I felt sad at it going and probably looked as miserable as the wee boys did lol

probably thought you were tight & wanted a fiver

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

We are without a van at the minute as we are awaiting our new Challenger Sport next week. It's simply awful seing that big empty space in the garden - not to mention the sunshine and blue sky that we can't benefit from!

I sold my van earlier in the year - and the guy who bought it drove off with it like a total wild thing - sure it will end up in a ditch somewhere - he had no idea how to tow . ....... bought a smaller one - but not been out in it - just isnt the same as the double axle I loved so much and took such good care of - I was very sad to see it go.

Probably going to sell it shortly - or in the coming year - and then I too shall be without one - and a big empty space in the garden - but it will match the big empty space in my life now my husband is no longer here to enjoy the caravan with me.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Oh what a sad thread this is :( If I was carvanless I wouldn't mind as long as I knew I had a new one coming soon but that about the wee boys is just sad :( Although my youngest would probably be upset the two eldest would not be like "yes!!" cos they like their xboxes etc. Once at the caravan they like being out and about, it's just shock horror at the thought of little or no "gaming".

Typical, all this nice weather and i'm not able to get away this weekend or next :wacko:

Compass Shadow 1988

Well I've been caravanless for the last 42 years. ............I only took it up last year and am so sad that I've missed out on caravaning for the first 42 years of my life, I LOVE IT!!! It certainly beats my childhood memories of going camping with my Mum and Dad to Scotland and having to go for a wash in the Loch with a bar of soap, freeeeeezing! Saying that I still think about it with a smile on my face so not all bad ;)

Our lil tin member of the family went to her new home last Friday and I must say there was a tear in my eye. I even told the new owner to please look after her. We are now caravanless and are busy looking for another but with no luck so far. Sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing selling ours before looking for another but heyho . .................. something to do at the weekend and got lovely weather too!! Bonus!

Well I've been caravanless for the last 42 years. ............I only took it up last year and am so sad that I've missed out on caravaning for the first 42 years of my life, I LOVE IT!!! It certainly beats my childhood memories of going camping with my Mum and Dad to Scotland and having to go for a wash in the Loch with a bar of soap, freeeeeezing! Saying that I still think about it with a smile on my face so not all bad ;)

Same here 60 years without a caravan then got one at Easter this year and just love it,can't wait to get the new van :-)

Archived