1994 Avondale Pearle Ulysses??

Biff

No problems specific to the Ulysses I know of. Just be aware that there is no front locker so that may possibly raise storage concerns (the gas cylinders are held in a dedicated side locker) and the rear bunks do not use the entire width of the caravan, so are not ideal if you have "long" children! The side decals can look tired ahead of their time against the coachwork.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

thanks gordon,

i already knew about the gas locker,dont think it will be a problem for us.

Do you have any idea what sort of price a 1994 model in excellent condition is worth, just so i don't pay over the odds??

thanks for any help.

Do you have any idea what sort of price a 1994 model in excellent condition is worth, just so i don't pay over the odds??

3829[/snapback]

Not really Biff.

At 11 years old, any caravan's price will be determined more on condition than almost anything else. If as you say it's in good condition, and provided it has no evidence of dampness then there's no reason why it should not give good service for some years yet. The only price I know is the cost new in 1994, and that was £8,397. Remember that it was the flagship model for the Perle range and will probably be priced accordingly.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi Ray,

Glad to hear that you are back safe after your windy 200 miles. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the towing stability of the Ulysses when loaded with assorted holiday paraphernalia! It's all down to good design by placing centrally over the axle, the fittings most likely to be heavy (kitchen / toilet etc) and putting the beds at he two ends of the body. Just remember not to put too much weight under the rear bunks and you will have a stable outfit.

Enjoy your new acquisition.

Regards,

Gordon.

• 1 year later...

:) I have a 1996 Ulysses and have owned it for 4 years and have been pleased with it.

It is starting to look tired as mentioned before the decals have faded (would like some new ones) and inside its starting to show its age.

I have never seen another one on a site or on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought one of these today, 1992 model, take delivery in 2 weeks. If anyone is interested, paid £2500 from a dealer and he is throwing in a brand new awning. Been looking around the 'net and I think I got a good buy. Can't wait to try it out. Have to agree that the decals do show their age. Are replacements available?

• 2 years later...
:) I have a 1996 Ulysses and have owned it for 4 years and have been pleased with it.

It is starting to look tired as mentioned before the decals have faded (would like some new ones) and inside its starting to show its age.

I have never seen another one on a site or on the road.

have u still got the caravan only i have a 1995 model but have no manuals just wondered if you could photo copy yours for me

regards

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry only just read your message, do you still want a copy I might be able to scan it but its a lot of pages is there anything special you need? I could pick what I think. I also have the Alko book but again its alot of pages. I alos have the sales book if that is of inerest.

have u still got the caravan only i have a 1995 model but have no manuals just wondered if you could photo copy yours for me

regards

steve