Holland - Alkmaar

Droomparken Molengroet

We stayed at this site for a week in the middle of August. The site is located north of Alkmaar on the road to Scahagen and is next to a large country park, where there walks, cycle paths, cafés, playground and a recreational lake with a sandy beach! There are numerous cycle paths and trails and the centre of Alkmaar and the beach are easy rides.

The site itself is a mix of chalets and touring caravan pitches. The chalets themselves are large bungalows sited in their own plots, they are classy and are sell for approx 100,000 euros.

The camping and caravanning area is located at the rear of the park and is subdivided in to hedge marked fields each containing approximately 12 pitches. All pitches were serviced. Caravans are pitched side on against the hedge, the size of the pitches varied considerably, our pitch only just accommodated our Bailey Olympus and awning, but there were other pitches where caravans had a 3. 5m awning and a full size sunscreen which meant the unit width was over 8m.

The site was child friendly and there was a separate play area for the kids equipped with swings, football pitch, sand pit and a very large bouncing pillow which kept our kids happy for hours. There was also a very active Childrens Club and the kids could come and go as they pleased.

The restaurant and bar were good value with prices comparable to the High Street.

Toilet facilities were first class - modern and spotlessly clean all the time.

There were approx half a dozen pitches tarmaced pitches for motorhomes which were a short walk from the toilets. The pitches backed on to the play area and during the peak period I could imagine that those who prefer to be away from kids may find them a little noisy. Camping cheques are accepted out of season, while I don’t have the exact dates they were accepted from the 13th of August onwards.

All in all, a very good site which I would recommend.

http://www. droomparkmolengroet. nl/