Tow Bar On Renault Megan

deputytl

Work friend has a Renault Megan 56 plate and is looking to fit tow bar and twi electrics. Anyone fitted one and are there any issues.

Not knowing the Model type and engine size or fuel type . The main problem with the Megane is its lightweight kerbweight so I would advise to check the towing weights and if the car will meet his required caravan needs before fitting a tow bar .

If you check out tow bar companies as most have download instructions on how to fit the towbar . Unless your friend is confident with auto electrics I would get it wired by someone that kwows what they are doing . It might be better to fit a 13 pin electric plug for future proofing .

Dave

I fitted a Westfalia detachable to an '06 model Megane hatch a few years back.

Very easy fitment - remove rear bumper and remove impact beam, replace impact beam with towbar crossmember and refit bumper. I did the electrics myself but was only a standard 7-pin for towing a trailer

fitted about 50 of them if not more, very easy to fit, would go for a witter or westfalia one, stay clear of pct, towsure as there rubbish. no fancy wiring on these either, just make sure you seal the end of the chasie up after you fitted the bar, expanding foam is the best thing to use, if you dont seal the ends up, water will leak into the boot