Draining The Water Out?

Hayden

Ive got a 2007/08 Bailey ranger 510/4 and are going away at the end of october and Ive just rememberd I havent drained the water out of my water heater, I know how to drain it but how do I go about filling it up when I get to the site? Also I have lest the tank for flushing the loo filled up but have no Idea how to drain it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

If it's a Truma water heater, then when you've connected the water up on site (remembering to close the drain valve first. ...), open the hot tap and let the pump run, this will vent the air in the hot water system and fill the heater up at the same time. Once you've got water coming through the tap, the heater is filled up.

With the loo, if it's a Thetford cassette type, then if you look in the locker where the cassette is and the filler tube for the flush tank, there should be a clear plastic vertical tube which shows the water level in the tank (on mine it's to the right of the filler tube). If you gently pull this down it comes out of the rubber bung at the top and can be unclipped and angled out of the locker. The flush tank water will then drain out through it. Can take a while if it's a full tank. ..

Some flush tanks just have a hole with a rubber bung and so people tend to drain as much as possible into the toilet bowl via the flush pump thus avoiding lots of mopping out of the cassette locker

I noticed a device for Purging the water out of the system called "floe"

it is nearly £40. connected to your system and a foot pump it could

save you a few bob if you have severe weather.

For draining the loo header tank its alot easier to flush it into the loo till empty & then empty that. you will only have a small amount of water left to drain by the bung metioned above.

Otherwise if the top tank is full you will end up with it everywhere via the bung removal I can guarantee it. I got pink trousers after doing it that way after the pump packed up whilst on holiday.

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Don't turn the water heater on until you have water coming through the hot tap, If you do you will trip the heater and have to reset It. we just need to turn all the electric off for a couple of minutes on ours but some differ, check your handbook. have fun

Otherwise if the top tank is full you will end up with it everywhere via the bung removal I can guarantee it. I got pink trousers

:) ahh yes 'pink trouser syndrome' I've had a dose of that . .. didn't I smell fragrant all the way home in the car. What a totally daft system the bung and recessed hole setup is!

Like others have said, I try to judge it so I don't have a lot in the flush at the end of the stay then just flush it into the cassette.

I had been wondering about how to drain my flush tank - I'll have to look for the bung so I can do it.

I have a tyre inflator exactly the same as the pump for the "floe"... from Halfords.

I also have a defunct Truma hose. ... Gonna adapt the 2 so i have my own Floe Joe. ...

I saw the ad in the CC mag. It seems a bit pricy for what it is, but a good idea. Seems to me it would bw posible to reproduce it easily. After all you have to supply your own foot / electric pump.

Very good video here http://www. keepfloeing. com/products-touring. html they certainly blow out a lot of water.

Well it would do on their promotional video wouldnt it. I think in reality from comments elsewhere on CT there is not that much left .

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Archived