Lunar Clubman Es 2009

skidmarks

Looked at one of these at the weekend and what a nice looking van. Have you owned one and what is your view of them? When did they get the alde heating?

I cannot comment on the 2009 ES specifically, but can confirm that the Alde heating was fitted to the Clubman range for the 2010 models.

For many years we had 'vans fitted with firstly Carver and latterly Truma heating systems, and whilst I would have to say that the Alde system (in my opinion) is superior, we never had problems with the others. That being said, it was nice with the blown air system blowing warm air around your feet in the washroom when it was cold outside, whereas you don't get that with the Alde system. In fact our 2010 Clubman SE's washroom doesn't get as warm as the rest of the 'van, despite the pipework getting hot. Lunar have removed the heated towel rail (which is difficult to hang towels on anyway as it's so close to the wall) and replaced it with a small domestic type radiator. I wonder if I can have ours changed. .................

Sorry for waffling on!

After servicing both types of heating for years. .. IMHO - blown is best!!

. ... sorry, I digress. ...

Blown air system will be easier (and probably cheaper) to service, but with regards to its use, I'll stick with the Alde system. I was speaking to a well respected Dealer yesterday, and he said that he could only remember one person reverting back to blown air from Alde, and that was due to the size of the caravan. Basically, the width of his equivalent new 'van was too great for storage at home, so he had to "down spec".

Hi,

WE have ( just about ) a 2011 clubmanE. S. so far we have had the following ,-compleate new back panel ( old one was cracked, came from factory like that ) broken window blind, bed slats jam/ dumped me on floor ( 3 Times ) entrance door very hard to close ( again came from factory like that ) draughts/fumes from fridge coming in van and while on holiday the vertical support inside the door/ cooker split horizontally 3/4 the way across, a check with a strait edge showed the side to be bowed outwards. the van went back to the factory for repairs and came back with a new back panel, deflector plate in back of fridge space,we were told entrance door was " with in specification " - whatever that meant ! bed slats still jam, had new blind fitted, told Lunar we had serious doubts about the caravans durability. After getting van back we went away, had showers/ rain in the night and woke up the next morning to find we had running water --- on the inside wall of the van ! this was the final straw, we arranged to part ex it, 9 months old and nothing but worries. the van we have gone for is a basic model, we will add the bits we want. Regarding the heating ,( alde, wet ) first time out it struggled to maintain 60 deg and used nearly a full 6k. G. cylinder. The boiler is fitted with a fan that starts up( when on gas) at all hours, we found out at --4A. M. the system requires a fluid change every two years ( dealer job ) so all in all not happy so back to basic van & heating !We are aware that there's a lot of happy lunar owners/alde heating users before anybody puts finger to keys ! Still have a lot of doubts about how long it will last ( The van ) could have resealed it but after only 9 months ?

cheers david 1220

Edited by david 1220