This season we have booked on Caravan Club and C.& C. Club C. L. sites and when arriving/paying we have not been asked for proof or membership. We have never been on these sites before and I made the booking by telephone. Do other members find they are not asked for proof of membership?

Only ever been asked once on a CL and can't remember being asked at a club site - but I book online and it won't take the booking unless you log in so therefore they know your number.

CC Sites always ask for ours - may be we look dodgy or something! :ph34r:

CLs usually ask for membership number over phone when booking, but have never asked to see card upon arrival!

Never been asked for membership cards at Cl's or CS's but always have at both club sites. THS's often ask for membership cards on arrival and you pay for the number of nights when you collect them.

Bill

If members use the online booking service (CC, not sure about the CCC) then you will have logged in thus proving membership. If a telephone booking, is a membership number asked for then? If so this would mean that the vast majority of arrivals have proved their membership prior to arrival. Also it may be the case that the wardens can spot a non-member because of their shifty look (joking)

This season we have booked on Caravan Club and C.& C. Club C. L. sites and when arriving/paying we have not been asked for proof or membership. We have never been on these sites before and I made the booking by telephone. Do other members find they are not asked for proof of membership?

I think the OP is specifically about certificated locations rather than club sites. We have found that CLs vary - some ask, some don't. It may depend how organised they are with their paperwork or how stringent the planning authorities are in that area. Some ask for address etc. Some just take the money and don't bother. Some CLs (in National Parks etc) may be under closer scrutiny by their planning and National Park authorities than others and may want to be able to prove they are staying strictly within the regulations that enable them to run a site without full planning permission (they are only allowed to let up to 5 vans stay per night and the law requires them to be club members). I know campervanners who regularly stay on CLs but are not CC members. They just turn up and if there is space are usually allowed to camp - no questions asked.

I have been asked for my card at both CC and C&CC sites and at some they have kept the card for the duration of the stay when they gave me the keycard for the barrier. It can get a bit confusing sometimes on C&CC sites as the OH is the lead member as she joined with me as joint member and you used to have to show her card for her age concession but now they have it logged on the computer system my turn for that concession this year :rolleyes: Some CL/CS sites I have been asked on booking whether I am a member and sometimes they have taken the membership number but most times when pre-booked on these they haven't asked to see the card on arrival or departure. I now make a point of having the correct money for our stay and an envelope as several times trying to find someone to pay can be fun so I pop the envelope with the fees through the letterbox with all my contact details.

OH always get's asked but she looks well dodgy, they rarely bother me, always ask the FIL so perhaps it runs in the family - though come to think of it he is dodgy!

Coachman Amara 380/2

The last club site I stayed on had all my details up on the screen when I walked in, They record the number

plate on arrival and the system does the rest.

Steve W

In 5 years I would say we have been asked our membership number about 5 or 6 times in total when we stop on CL's. Once this year and have been to about 7 or 8 sites.