Please Help

antelope

I am a complete novice to caravaning and after a lot of research i have bought an 09 Lunar Stellar, my problem arises from my car which is an 08 citroen c4 1. 6 hdi 90 hp. I compared it on what towcar and although the report gave it only moderate performance it states it is safe and satisfactory, the problem is the weight ratio is 90 % 1332 kg kerbweight which i make a 76kg payload. I have worked it out that i will have at least a 250kg payload in the car each time we go away and this takes it under 85% , so basically am i ok to use this car bearing in mind i cant afford to change it for a couple of years, cheers

We'll need more specific, like kerb weight of car, MIRO & MTPLM of caravan etc

90% isn't obscene for a novice (it's only a guideline, not a rule remember).

You'll have far more fun trying to make sure the noseweight is correct and the caravan is loaded properly!

2021 Swift Sienna Super 4SB

Actually you appear to have got the principle fairly well. The towing guidelines are based on the car being the lightest it can be and the van the heaviest. Within its limits placing weight in the car rather than the van will improve the ratio considerably. Not much you can do about the performance of the car itself so that does mean keeping out unecessary extras but otherwise it should be fine.

In terms of being a novice, practice in a safe place and if possible a towing course will solve that. I had the key for my storage booked out for an hour 1st time I put it away, now its 15 minutes.

When we had the BMW we had a 92% match. Not ideal, but not illegal.

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****