Cc Magazine Typo

Steamdrivenandy

I don't know whether anyone else has noticed but in the October issue of the Caravan Club's comic there's a competition to win an Adria motorhome.

The only trouble is that the two adjacent pages (34 & 35) announcing the competition can't agree on what model Adria they are giving away.

Page 34 says it's an Adria Sport 573DS, in fact it says it's a 'DS' five times. However page 35 is almost as insistent that it's giving away an Adria Sport 573DF and repeats the model name with 'DF' three times.

So which page is correct?

Having checked the Adria website I can confirm that as far as I can tell and unless they've got the website wrong the prize will be a 'DF' as they don't actually make a 573DS.

Maybe the CC editorial staff ought to check such details using the phonetic alphabet as 'F' and 'S' can sound similar. 'F' is Foxtrot and 'S' is Sierra which should alleviate any confusion. So it's an Adria Sport 573 Delta Foxtrot that's being given away, and very nice too.

Edited by Steamdrivenandy

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

The November Practical Caravan New Caravan Buyers Guide has all the MIRO / MTPLM figures round the wrong way on Sterling and Swift vans, the more you load the lighter it gets, that the one I want !

I hope nobody has the Challenger Sport 544 yet, it needs a tank to tow it, the MTPLM is given as 11282kg !! in the tables :(

Edited by bordeauxderek

I often see typo errors and plain old misinformation in the magazines (all of them). Go Caravan has had a few corkers of late as have others.

I believe that a lot of it is missed because of a practice that is known as SPEED READING. It might also be attributed to the readers of the text not having a knowledge of the subject matter.

A parallel to this is a supermarket till operative not recognising when an electronic till has had a fit and gives out the change that the till deems as correct,often this is accompanied by an operative that was not too skilled at basic mental arithmetic. The subject matter in this case was the ability to recognise a glaring mathematical error and be able to ignore what technology was indicating.

I experienced this some years back when a young lady insisted that £15. 68p was the correct change for a £4. 32p purchase,the money that I had tended was a Five Pound note. Not only was it smaller than a Twenty Pound note but it was also vastly different in colour.

It took a supervisor to resolve the issue of my honesty and refusal to accept the over offering of change,the till was taken out of commission for investigation/repair/replacement.

Edited by TheTravellingRooster

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Proof readers of the world unite?

A country wide advertisement for a betting group includes the words. ....... "lightening quick"......

The problem is the result of years of poor quality English being taught and the use of computers to produce copy without it being proof read by somebody who knows better!

Some years ago one of the manufacturers released a brochure which claimed that the overall length of a couple of it's twin axles were 25' 12''

Hi imwatching. I am also watching!!!!!. Could the 25'12" have been either an April 1st publication or the a publication in a leap year?,Ho Ho.

If it was a leap year joke then it would likely have been 26'1" to be correct.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.