First Look At The New Unicorn Layouts

foxfold2002

Hi all,

Exclusive 360 degree product tours of the NEW single axle island bed Unicorn Cabrera and twin axle island bed Unicorn Pamplona are now available for you to view at the website below.

Mick

http://www. bailey-caravans. co. uk/product-range/new-caravans/product-tours/

I think the end bedroom makes the caravan look smaller inside !, due to the extra space it takes up. ..... :wacko:

Mick

Notice. .. both vans shower rooms have lost floor space due to the wheel arch protruding . ... :wacko: . . come on bailey. ..

Edited by foxfold2002

I can't see from the Cabrera product tour whether there is another screen which completes the shower enclosure. Does the wooden door form the 4th side and allow the water on it to drip over the aisle floor when you open the door to come out ?

Edited by F70100

There was a hue and cry some months ago about the demise of many of the island bed models. It will be interesting to see how well these sell.

Bill

Having previously had a two berth end shower we find the Valencia shower room tiny, and the side bed means i have to mount my wife to get out of bed. .

So i can appreciate why some people prefer a end bed arrangement, and if they never use a shower, well the tiny shower space doesn't really matter does it?

Its all a compromise to me, the fixed bed we find brilliant never having had one before.

Really like the Cabrera, apart from the loss of the lounge table, not bothered about the drawers going, but we eat off our extended table top, never use the table from storage unless we have guests. Also note they still use the same kitchen tap, as i'm on my second faulty tap, still drips, still tight on the swivel, still turns on the base, then i'm not impressed with the quality of the tap.

Well done Bailey for the improved product tour, shame they haven't updated the Valencia tour, no view of the shower room.

Edited by xtrailman

Having previously had a two berth end shower we find the Valencia shower room tiny, and the side bed means i have to mount my wife to get out of bed. .

Blimey, there's me buying an expensive meal, wine and putting on some relaxing music with that aim in mind :)

I can't see from the Cabrera product tour whether there is another screen which completes the shower enclosure. Does the wooden door form the 4th side and allow the water on it to drip over the aisle floor when you open the door to come out ?

Looks like it's the same as in our Pegasus 524 - yes the door is the 4th wall, but there's a drip strip at the bottom which directs the running water to the shower tray (even when you open the door) - never tried it so can't say if it works or not. Shower's not important to us but living space is, hence the reason we chose this layout.

Wouldn't be happy to lose the chest/slide out table though.

Looks like it's the same as in our Pegasus 524 - yes the door is the 4th wall, but there's a drip strip at the bottom which directs the running water to the shower tray (even when you open the door) - never tried it so can't say if it works or not. Shower's not important to us but living space is, hence the reason we chose this layout.

Wouldn't be happy to lose the chest/slide out table though.

Is there at least a shower curtain that keeps the water from the shower head in the enclosure - I ask as I can't see a curtain, or even a rail.

Is there at least a shower curtain that keeps the water from the shower head in the enclosure - I ask as I can't see a curtain, or even a rail.

No curtain and no rail - there is a folding door which goes across in front of the toilet. I am assured by a rallying friend with the same van as ours that the water stays in the shower and the walls/back of door merely wipe down, just like a normal shower cubicle. They also don't bother to put the door across the toilet as you get more elbow room that way - does mean you have more to wipe up after though.

Just had a thought! - we have put a telescopic shower rail (little one from B&Q) in the cubicle to hang towels over (it's up high above the toilet) and you could probably move this to just inside the door and put a curtain on there if you wanted to. May give it a go myself as I have had the same reservations as you.