Gas Not Reaching The Cooker

ericfield

My 2008 Abbey GTS 215 has suddenly developed a gas 'blockage'. It happened after moving sites last week. When I came to brew up. ...nothing reached the hobs. I removed the regulator and gas flowed through that ok. When I reinstalled it it started to work. ..and did so for 4 days. I ASSUMED i had a somehow relieved it. But my joy was short lived when it happened again.

Gas is reaching the Truma heater fed off the same manifold as the cooker so the supply to tha point is ok. My questions is . ...does the cooker have something else in line a the cooker end, that can restrict gas flow?

To eliminate further, does the grill work? What about the oven? Is the inline control tap open? Not been knocked closed by accident?

Sounds to me like the regulator could be on it's way out. I have read this before on motorhome forum whereby the heater worked but the cooker did not. I can't recall the explanation though, but the regulator was involved.

Russell

Edited by Kontiki

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

It could be the bracket that opens the hob lid valve has moved or bent out of alignment. I have had that one a few times, cooker out job to fix though. Check all other appliances run at the same time to put maximum stress on the regulator if not then probably the reg at fault. Also check your opening the hob lid enough push it as far as it will go and try and run the hob.

Edited by Cvan1

It could be the bracket that opens the hob lid valve has moved or bent out of alignment. I have had that one a few times, cooker out job to fix though. Check all other appliances run at the same time to put maximum stress on the regulator if not then probably the reg at fault. Also check your opening the hob lid enough push it as far as it will go and try and run the hob.

Excellent!

It's amazing how we ( or I at least) can forget fundamentals. Immediately I read your reply I recalled a similar situation 20+ years ago on my Burstner when a similar thing happened. And yes it was the hinge then. ..and indeed now! The lid is not going back far enough every time.

Thanks for the wake up call.