Water Pump

Yehiknow

Hi guys.

Just went away on my first weekend caravanning. Love it but had a few difficulties. Picked up the van on Friday and was shown how everything should work. When I was away I set everything up as shown ( I think) but when I tried to use the cold water I was only getting a trickle if anything. Could hear the water pump going and there was plenty of water in the tank.

Hi there, you don't say how old the 'van is. Does that hot water work? Are there any leaks maybe under the 'van. We will be able to help but please give us more to go on. Regards Peter :)

Maybe the pump is running backwards because it is wired inside with wrong polarity?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I am guessing a kink in a pipe (perhaps the external one). I if a trickle is coming out then the pump is working but something is stopping the flow.

Try it with the pump in a coffee jar full of water and see what happens and see that the pipe is not kinked or blocked. If the water is going up the pipe then follow it through. It may just be the hot water tank taking all the water as it fills with 9 litres.

I am guessing a kink in a pipe (perhaps the external one). I if a trickle is coming out then the pump is working but something is stopping the flow.

Try it with the pump in a coffee jar full of water and see what happens and see that the pipe is not kinked or blocked. If the water is going up the pipe then follow it through. It may just be the hot water tank taking all the water as it fills with 9 litres.

Bearing in mind the above you should fill the system by opening the hot tap first and waiting till it flows. Choose the hot tap furthest away from the pump. The cold tap will then operate OK. Mine takes 10 liters to fill the hot tank plus the pipes as well.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Archived