Grin Low Cc Site Buxton

sprite

Off there next weekend. Seems to have good reviews on UK Campsite. I know the area quite well but never been to this site before, just wondered if anyone else has been.

It's a beautifully terraced ex quarry done up to the usual C. C. standards. Have fun. Peter :)

We stayed there earlier this year. Lovely site but a long way from the toilet block if you choose a pitch at the bottom end (check out the map of the site on the CC website). It was also quite windy when we stayed there and the bottom end tends to catch the gusts, so be careful if using an awning.

Edited by Glen and Les

Lovely but nearly always windy esp at the bottom of the site. TV reception is patchy to generally poor as you are in an old quarry.

The walks thereabouts are lovely, its a site that grows on you and we really like it.

Coachman Amara 380/2

We live over the other side of Buxton a village called Bollington and use Grin low for a weekend break, if you travel over to Macclesfield you will pass a pub called The Cat an Fiddle drive a little way past further down you will see a little tea house called Peak View food to die for, theirs a wonderful view of Shuttlings low this was the only thing that was visible in the last ice age everything else was under the glassier. Buxton is an old spar town, Chatsworth is within easy reach also Bakewell where the famous Bakewell puddings originate (some call them Bakewell tart, don't let the locals here you ask for the latter) If you like golf Cavendish Golf Club is a few minutes from the site, designed by McKenzie the guy that built Augusta USA. The site was opened in the early eighties and was one of the first site's we visited when we caravanned in our early days. The site has TV connection on the hook-ups and free view is available so if you have an extension cable TV’s not a problem, if you have young ones or teenagers theirs ago ape down through the woods, once on this you will hardly see them.

NigelH

Edited by Nidge4

Thanks folks, I'm looking forward to it. As I say I know the area quite well having lived near there and worked in the area some years ago but i had never been to the site or oddly enough even been aware of it when I lived in the area (before my caravanning days). Lets hope the weather lasts for us all who are off next weekend! :)