The Width Of Bailey Unicorn Range

Fishman

Hi, my old van was 7 2" wide although it was 10 years old. So when i got the all new singing Valencia Unicorn Alu-Tech boasting the new width of 7 6"etc. I was delighted but it seemed narrow from the back. When i got the tape out, guess what i found the external body came up short of 7 6" by some 4" . In fact 7 2"wide at best, so where did 4"go. Well add a bit of trim and put 2 lights on at 3 1/4" . Yes lights 3 " plus. What a waste of space mr Bailey. So have we been misled or MISSOLD??.

Although I am not a big Bailey fan I have to say it gives the impression of being wider than the norm, perhaps the furniture is not as wide and there is a bigger alleyway? :wacko:

I was always happy with 7' 2" anyway, surprised the extra inches are only the bumpers though.

But was your 7' 2' van really 7' 2' or only that at the extremeties.

I once bought a very expensive fishing pole, advertised as being 14M long.

I measured it uncut at the tip at 13. 7M, so wasn't impressed at all, when i complained they offered me my money back or compensation, i took the compensation.

Never measured a caravan though.

I guess this is a marketing technique to sell us a "wider than before" caravan - but given that the previous versions would have been measured externally as well it's no great crime . .. and is certainly "true". They should specify External Dimensions to be clear.

Of course what we all really notice and care about in use is the internal dimensions - and what ever they are they are defnately wider in the Valencia then the Series 6 Pageant we previously had - you notice it immediately. So no con I'm afraid just potentially misleading if you had something 7ft 6 to fit into the caravan width!

Mind you, if they published the internal dimensions I'm sure someone would take issue that their van did not fit into their driveway / canopy or the like because it was 6" bigger than published!

Edited by Phil Hubball

Bailey Unicorn S3 Cartagena, Volvo XC60 D5.

I would have thought vehicle dimensions are required technical data [1] rather than sales patter.

You need to know the dimensions, if for no better reason that getting wedged as you pass through a restricted access (e. g. narrow gap/low bridge) can be seriously embarrassing.

[1] Construction & Use Regs, or whatever it is these days.

Edited by allegoricus