Which Moter Mover

dougjan55

I had a pwertouch mover years ago and was very happy with it. I then bought a new van and had a Reich Mover fitted (only make the dealer recommended for a twin axle at the time).

I have just this last week bought a Buccaneer twin axle with the new Powertouch awd system. WOW! It blows the Reich out of the water when turning the van. It can just about turn it on it's axles! The Reich would 'inch' around.

I'm very impressed witht he mover so far. Auto engagement of the rollers etc. .

Kev.

Hi !

We have a Powrtouch HD fitted to our Valencia and are very satisfied with it.

No experience of other makes,

Bob

Crikey, this is starting to sound like a Pwrtouch fanclub so I am therefore going to liven things up a bit by recommending. ....well the Pwrtouch HD!

It's what seemed to come with the best back up should there be any issues. I know there is an argument to say that there really shouldn't be any issues and yes in a perfect world I'd agree but we are dealing with a bit of kit with moving parts, gears and motors. ...chances are something might need looking at within the 5 years.

An independent fitter told me that while Reich might be better engineered, they do also have issues but they can be very expensive for parts whereas the Pwrtouch is sorted without any quibble in the 5 year period.

It does what I need it to do. ...put the caravan on my drive which involves a 1 in 4 descent and of course incline when taking it out.

Hi, I don't know which the HD is but I was very happy with a powrtouch we had on the previous van. Now we have a Truma TE which is overrated, we got it because the Truma rep was very convincing but other than auto engagement it doesn't seem it. We had a 4wd powrtouch, manually actuated and I really preferred it. I actually preferred manually engaging the mover because it was quicker than holding the buttons and waiting for it to engage. The Truma's fine, works without issue but costs more than a powrtouch so that's what I'll have next time.

I like my Rhyno I can only judge their service on the original fitting when they were superb, since then it has just worked perfectly no need for any input from anyone.

Mmmmm. Maybe the Forum should have a special 'Powrtouch Owners Section'. :D

John.

Only ever had twin axles with a Reich 4WD mover which when I bought it 5 years ago, dealer recommended best for shifting 2 tons around at that time - if I could afford it.

Might be as good as/better around now.

No regrets.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Currently have a Powrtouch. Had it just over a year and no problems with it at all - does what it says on the tin. We changed from Rhyno as we didn't have a good experience with that particular brand over the 8 months we had that. In our opinion, no comparison between the two. Powrtouch a much superior brand and they pricematch as well :D

The only thing I would say is that it is slightly slower than the Rhyno but not so's you would notice if you hadn't had another brand.

Guest BarrieAvis

The Reich would 'inch' around.

Have a Reich - unfortunately.

It was an early model and maybe they have improved, but nevertheless I would not recommend that make.

At the risk of repeating, I have had 3 powrtouch on my 'vans and never regretted it. Service is second to none, staff always ready to help. Regards Peter :)

Our last van and our current one have been fitted with Powrtouch movers. Whilst these movers are great, there is one problem. Being at 'fixed' positional limits, there is a loss of frictional power between tyres and rollers due to (a) tyre wear, and (B) wet conditions.

To overcome this, I removed the transfer bar (so operating the engage/disengage individually for each wheel) and reduced the OFF setting clearance from 19mm to 15mm. In wet conditions this still did not prevent slipping btween tyre and roller when using a standard plastic leveller. If later Powrtouch movers have built-in adjustment to resolve this problem, then fine. Otherwise, my next van will have a different make which provides that facility.