Advice Needed No Caravan Exterior Lights

johnyinyang

Hi wondered if anyone can help. We have recently purchased a lunar jupiter 1994 5 berth caravan. We have had a few outings which have been great. However following our last outing n/s indicator wasnt working so purchased a replacement, and fitted. Put hazard lights on and was still not working asked wife to put foot on brakes and all lights then stopped working. I assume i have blown a fues i have checked all fuses visually in the caravan that i can find and they all appear to be fine.

Is there a fuse inline? Alternatively I wondered if I had blown a fuse in the car. I checked my fusebox (2001 Jaguar x-type) and there are lots and i have no idea where to start. I have checked the fuses that the manual says are not used (but have fuses in) and they are all okay (visually). How do i find out which fuse to check or will I have to check everyone. Is there a particular amp fuse which would be used to narrow my search lol.

I did think about trying to link my car to another caravan or someone link to our caravan so as to isolate the problem, unfortunately this is not possible as dont know anyone else that could assist so any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking and hope someone can offer some assistance

John

I agree with bbrown. What usually happens is the person who does the wiring just wraps the white wire round a convenient bolt and thats it. Always best to make sure all the earth wires are properly grounded by scraping the paint off around the spot and making sure of a substantial tight connection. best of luck. Peter :)

We had a similar problem when we had a new tow bar fitted. Exterior lights on th caravan failed on our first trip out. Turned out to be dodgy wiring within the car. Had to get an auto electrician out to the site where we were staying for him to fix it.

Are the lights on the car working without caravan fitted . .......... if no then you have blown fuses in the car . If the lights are okay on car then its a caravan wiring problem .

Dave

bbrown has said that there are no fuses in the van for road lights. This is incorrect. Road light fuses are normally at the front of the van beneath the seats where the cable enters the van. If you have checked these and they are OK then I would do as suggested and check the cable connections, plug and earth connections to the car.

Frank

Check connections in the plug and socket.

http://www. google. co. ..Dw&ved=0CFcQsAQ

If you hover the mouse over the image it will zoom.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Archived