Picked Up My Caravan Today

therealboss

Picked up me caravan, pulled in to the side of the road to get a few things at the shop and while we where there, I took a photo. You can tell its behind you but the Land Rover pulled it no problem. Problem is we will not get a chance to use it for a while, getting married in Nov and from now until then we have all our weekends busy or working. I rang the dealer yesterday and asked them to slap on a mover, good job I did, only 22mm of a gap between the total width of the caravan and the gap at the side of the house. It took 3 of us 50mins to get the caravan to the back of the house.

post-45753-0-83433700-1316856217_thumb.jpg

you will be able to find out how everything works as you have it at home when we buy a new van we always have it at home rarther than in storage as you can arrange where everything goes, oh and have dinner in it etc :D enjoy the weekend, jim

Good job you didn't buy one of the 8 foot wide models then eh? :unsure:

I check before I bought it and thought I had 35mm spare, its a tight squeeze but we got it in. The mover made all the difference, when I bought the van I thought that a mover was only needed if you didn't know how to reverse with a trailer but now I see I was wrong. Going to sleep in it tonight just to test it out and work out how everything operates, the dealer spent about an hour showing me but nothing like doing it yourself.

Which Mover did you choose?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Picked up me caravan, pulled in to the side of the road to get a few things at the shop and while we where there, I took a photo. You can tell its behind you but the Land Rover pulled it no problem. Problem is we will not get a chance to use it for a while, getting married in Nov and from now until then we have all our weekends busy or working. I rang the dealer yesterday and asked them to slap on a mover, good job I did, only 22mm of a gap between the total width of the caravan and the gap at the side of the house. It took 3 of us 50mins to get the caravan to the back of the house.

post-45753-0-83433700-1316856217_thumb.jpg

Happy Times. ..however the mover should NOT protrude from the sides of the van. It should not add anything to the width at all. I would check that it has been fitted with as much care as it should.

Its simply a case of adjustment thats all nothing major if you are handy or take it back to the supplying dealer if you would rather.

Apologies If I have misunderstood your post and the mover is fine and you were just pleased you had it to move the thing !

Jt

Coachman Pastiche

Happy Times. ..however the mover should NOT protrude from the sides of the van. It should not add anything to the width at all. I would check that it has been fitted with as much care as it should. Its simply a case of adjustment thats all nothing major if you are handy or take it back to the supplying dealer if you would rather. Apologies If I have misunderstood your post and the mover is fine and you were just pleased you had it to move the thing ! Jt

Sorry you misunderstood my post, the mover is fitted under the van and is well tucked away, my comment about the 22mm was the gap between the van and my house, very tight to fit the van through, but we did it but only because we had a mover fitted.

Hi Everyone, although we have had experience touring in a motorhome we are brand new to caravaning. collected our new Bailey Orion in August, 3 days before our holiday to Devon and Cornwall. We love the freedom and space that having a car and caravan gives you and we are looking forward to many happy trips.

Like one of your readers we store our van at home and have a very narrow space to park it. We had a Powertouch mover fitted which was absulutely essential to manovere the van into its space however we were told on pick up when it was been demonstrated that the isolater switch was placed in the battery locker which was not accessable to us once vehicle was parked. This had us in a panic as we paid a lot of money to have it fitted in the first place. The dealership (White Arches) where we bought it have been fantastic and had it back after our holiday and redone all the wiring so we could have it seated at the front of the van on the hitch. Big thank you to a caring dealership!!!

We love the Bailey Orion 430-4 with all its modern features but would like to ask any other owners how they get on with the tapering wardrobe which restricts hanging space and any tips they may have.

Thank you everybody, I look forward to getting the benefit off all your caraving experiences and to keep up with all your travel talk. :)

Archived